POSITION: Director of Retail Operations
DEPARTMENT: Food and Beverage
REPORTS TO: Regional General Manager
FLSA STATUS: Salaried Exempt
SMG, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities has an excellent and immediate opening for a Director of Retail Operations at the Long Beach Convention and Entertainment Center. This position is responsible for the
overall direction of all Food and Beverage Retail Operations at the Long Beach Convention and Entertainment Center. Ensures the achievement of financial goals and objectives for SAVOR at the Long Beach Convention and Entertainment Center. Assists the District General Manager in other operational areas as directed.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversees operations of the all permanent satellite retail locations SAVOR Café, Promenade Café, Long Beach Grill, Center Café etc. Directs management and team in all aspects of food and beverage procedures including product and equipment ordering, labor, event execution, safety, sanitation, temperature logs, customer service, customer relations, and daily financial information, POS and vault management.
- Ensures that Brand Standards are met or exceeded.
- Directs and supervises training for all staff on food and beverage standards. Insures SOPs are followed.
- Oversees budget for all retail operations. Reviews and monitors financial reports to insure efficient and effective results.
- Insures proper food and beverage inventory control. FIFO.
- Menu design and recipe development for retail food service outlets.
- Manages vendor accounts for maximum profitability, equipment maintenance and quality assurance. Vendors Include, Starbucks, Coke, Ottis Spunkmeyer, Jamba Juice etc.
- Resolves any issues, concerns, or complaints in the departments in a timely manner.
- Implementation of new food and beverage locations including staffing, ordering, supervision, and overall operation.
- Oversees any refurbishment and remodeling of existing operations.
- Ensures that all plans of operation are focused around daily projections as well as comparison to previous years’ performance.
- Enforces all SAVOR/SMG policies and procedures. Trains management and hourly supervisory staff on SOPs and enforces them.
- Investigates and responds to customer comments and concerns – Customer k’Nekt.
- Responsible for the disbursement of information. This information will include daily vault/financial data, Human Resources information and documents, weekly management schedules, hourly staff schedules on HotSchedules, and all event related information and details.
- Responsible for insuring the retail operations is provided with monthly information including, guest survey feedback, retail sales recaps and facility issues.
- Contribute to General Manager’s monthly reports.
- Other duties as assigned.
Directly supervises F&B Managers, Retail Supervisors, Beverage Captains and other support staff in accordance with the organization’s policies, procedures, and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, training employees; planning, assigning, and directing duties. Performance appraisal, rewarding and disciplining employees and problem solving are also included in the scope of duties.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university; or four to five years’ related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules,
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software, PoS terminals and have capacity to learn new programs as needed.
- Strong hospitality orientation.
- Excellent work ethic.
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills.
- Ability to undertake and complete multiple tasks.
- Must be ServSafe Certified and TIPS Certified
- Must have the ability to work a varied and flexible weekly schedule.
- DMV clearance in compliance with SAVOR policies.
- Must have the ability to comply and implement all Standard Operating Procedures
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and walk. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
This position offers a competitive salary and benefit package. Resumes must include salary requirements for
Consideration and may be sent to:
No Phone Calls
SMG is an Equal Opportunity Employer