We are seeking an experienced and dynamic Director of Revenue with 6+ years of revenue recognition experience to work for a solid company. The Director of Revenue will have a vast skillset and great communication skills.
- Support the revenue recognition function, including the set-up and review of complex contracts, application of accounting guidance and identification of inherent risks, identification of corresponding journal entries, and ownership of general ledger accounts.
- Review contracts, sales orders and purchase orders to assess proper revenue recognition treatment, including the identification of contractual elements.
- Perform fair value analyses for multiple element arrangements.
- Perform periodic audits of orders for proper revenue recognition, data entry and billing accuracy.
- Exercise judgment within defined policies and authoritative literature to determine appropriate action related to revenue-related transactions.
- Implement revenue recognition reporting and process improvements based upon industry trends, authoritative literature and business objectives.
- Serve as an internal technical accounting resource during the contract negotiation process by working with the Legal and Sales departments and analyzing the impact of “red flag” contract terms, communicating the revenue impact of such terms, and offering alternative structures, as available.
- Effectively communicate with management to bring resolution to revenue recognition and related issues.
- Ensure revenue accounting policies are documented and applied consistently on a worldwide basis.
- Ensure that financial information communicated externally and internally is complete and accurate to mitigate the risks associated with inaccurate reporting.
- Ensure that internal controls are effective and efficient.
- Escalate issues that may have negative financial impact.
- Ensure the accurate compilation, analysis and reporting of accounting data related to deferred revenue and open contract elements that require deferral of revenue.
- Research and advise on changes in accounting literature
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting
- CPA or MBA with at least 6 years of public and private experience (Big 4 preferred) with exposure to complex revenue recognition issues.
- Experience in the application of ASC 605 and working knowledge of all other current authoritative literature related to revenue recognition.
- Excellent in Excel spreadsheet development, including the ability to create formulas & schedules using pivot tables, vlookup , etc.
- This company offers significant benefits and a great growth potential.
At Vivalta , we strive to support job seekers to take the next step in career advancement. If you are seeking the next step in your own personal career advancement, contact us and we will be happy to explore your options, coach you through the entire job search process, and help you achieve the next step on the career ladder.
What to do next?
If you are interested in this position and meet the above qualifications, please visit Vivalta's website at http://vivaltainc.com/, give us a call, and/or email your resume.
Monster - 20 months ago
copy to clipboard -