Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop comprehensive best-in-class audit approach
policies, procedures, processes, controls and measures) responsive to financial, compliance and operational risks in accordance with Institute of Internal Audit professional standards for corporate operations.
- Plan, implement, coordinate and execute audit
internal and external) processes including defining the audit scope, test to ensure adherence with established controls, and report known or possible deficiencies.
- Structure and write audit reports and other related reports and issues in a timely manner.
- Make recommendations for remediation of identified issues in a timely manner and revisit areas with previously defined deficiencies to assess results. Work with operating management to ensure that remediation plans are appropriate, implemented in a timely manner, and yield desired results. Ensure findings of unmitigated risks and/or control deficiencies are adequately communicated to be understood and remediated by operating management and senior management.
- Conduct overall risk assessment of internal control environment, current business practices/processes, identify and recommend solutions for strengthening internal controls. Implement necessary improvements to accounting policies/procedures and internal business controls to support the corporate priorities, business needs and compliance programs.
- Develop cross-functional relationships in order to assess key business risks and exposure within the company. Identify opportunities to standardize, simplify and improve processes to drive balanced risk management. Facilitate the training of individuals and cross-functional teams on internal controls and risk and participate in process re-engineering and other initiatives to ensure appropriate internal controls are incorporated.
- Serve as liaison with external auditors and Accounting to ensure proper audit coverage, elimination of duplication of effort, and improvement in the efficiency and effectiveness of audit activities.
- Build a world class internal audit team through the effective recruiting, development and mentoring of high-potential talent. Provide leadership and coaching to support a service mentality, a focus on problem-solving and improved business partnership. Train audit personnel on a continuing basis with regards to Company audit methodologies.
- Bachelor’s Degree with at least 10 years of overall audit or risk assessment
CPA or CIA)
-Manufacturing experience preferred
Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of US GAAP, SOX and external reporting requirements
- Knowledge of generally accepted audit standards, and internal control practices
- Effective use of business software
MS office etc.)
- Strong verbal and communication skills
- Strong Leadership skills
Education Finance Partners is founded on the belief that every person who wants a college education should have the financial resources to...