The Director of Sales Executive is responsible for achieving sales goals both domestically and globally. Other key responsibilities include: responding and providing pricing, identifying and targeting new customers, implementing vertical market strategies, engaging in community business events, and selling NFI's Global Freight Forwarding services.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities :
- Generate new account business
- Sell to all levels of management and those involved specifically with international Import/Export shipments.
- Develop and close sales leads
- Develop and deliver customer presentations
- Retain and grow existing customer base
- Negotiate contract terms, contract structure and product lines
- Develop proposals and build customer solutions
- Partner and collaborate with Operations and Engineering groups
- Manage key administrative tasks
- Respond and provide pricing
- Minimum of 5 years Operational Freight Forwarding Experience
- Minimum of 5 years International Sales Experience
- Ability to price Air, Ocean and Import business
- Ability to speak a second language a plus but not required.
- Strong Freight Forwarding operational background preferred
- Freight Forwarding or Customs Broker background preferred
- BA or BS degree required
- College degree preferred
- 5 or more years of successful sales experience with a proven winning track record for developing new business and expanding business base
- Proficient in relationship building throughout clients to include C-level executives
- Strong analytical skills – ability to assess, design and sell a given solution
- Previous Forwarding, NVOCC, Customs Brokerage or Steamship industry knowledge a plus.
- Ability to understand incoterms and to sell Global Solutions using all modes available.
- Ability to communicate and negotiate with corporate level staff
- Strong general business acumen and maturity