Slated to open in January, 2015, Loews Chicago Hotel will feature 400 guestrooms, including 36 suites, a signature restaurant, more than 25,000 square feet of innovative meeting space, multiple outdoor terraces for guest and function uses, spa/fitness center and an outdoor rooftop including a pool overlooking the city.
Boasting city and lake views from the guest rooms, the property is located just one block north of the Chicago River and two blocks east of North Michigan Avenue, in the heart of Chicago. The hotel will be part of a highly visible 52-story tower comprised of the Loews Chicago Hotel and 390 luxury residential apartments.
The Director of Sales & Marketing is responsible for running the day to day sales efforts, office administration and working closely with the revenue management team to implement both short and long term sales strategies.
- Develop the sales portion of the annual strategic marketing plan
- Work closely with the Corporate Marketing department to develop initiatives, promotions and packages to drive sales
- Work in partnership with the Director of Revenue Management to implement strategies to positively impact market yield and rev par to maximize revenue goals
- Identify sources of group business to the hotel and establish solicitation programs to maximize sales
- Identify sources of individual business and provide the sales elements for developing relationships with them
- Maintain accurate forecasting for all group/individual segments and identify value periods for all sales efforts
- Participate in key site inspections and client events
- Take leadership roles in the local and national communities to ensure visibility of Loews branding efforts
- Responsible for managing all third party relationships such as key representation firms, CVB's and other vendors retained to generate business leads
- Establish programs and direct efforts to achieve group and individual room night goals (including volume accounts) and to develop ongoing relationships with customers
- Recruit, select, train and motivate sales department personnel to realize their potential and develop individuals for advancement
- Take responsibility for specified accounts or markets
- Control public space so as to maximize group revenues
- Develop and maintain effective communication channels
Required Skills & Experience:
- Bachelors degree in Hospitality Management, Business Administration or other similar major
- Minimum of ten years sales & marketing management experience in a similar size and quality hotel Thorough knowledge of all aspects of sales negotiation, budgeting, marketing plan development and revenue management
- Impeccable written and verbal communication skills
- Dynamic presentation skills
- Able to present to large groups of individuals
- Ability to envision/create new strategic ideas to drive sales and revenues
- Effective management, leadership, organizational and communication skills
Loews Hotels, Inc. was founded in 1946 and continues to own and operate hotels and resorts in the United States and Canada. Headquartered in...