KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:|
Education: Four year college degree or equivalent education/experience.
Experience: Five years within the hotel sales discipline. Department head (i.e.- Director of Sales) position for at least five years.
Position is responsible for short and long term planning as well as the day-to-day operations of the hotel sales department. This person is responsible for making recommendations, driving and ensuring the follow through of strategies from the revenue management meeting. Recommends marketing, advertising, and sales strategies while adhering to approved plans and budgets. Participate in total hotel management as a member of the hotel's Executive Committee.
1. Develop, enhance and secure business with corporate businesses, the travel industry, community organizations, professional associations, the media, etc... Maintain and develop relationships with current and potential clients to increase hotel awareness and market share.
2. Manage human resources in order to attract, retain and motivate the employees; hire, train, develop, empower, coach and counsel, conduct performance and salary reviews, resolve problems, provide open communication vehicles, discipline and terminate, as appropriate.
3. Survey, review and analyze competition, market trends, customer needs and comments in order to develop new plans and programs to determine the potency of current plans and programs for Transient, Group and Catering.
4. Implement company programs (Corporate/Franchiser) and manage the operations of the division in a manner consistent with Company policies and procedures; prepare, analyze and review forecasts, statements and reports to determine if the plans and programs are producing the optimal amount of revenue paying particular interest to PST.
5. Develop, recommend, implement and manage the division's annual budget and the advertising, public relations marketing and sales plans and programs for the hotel to maximize rate, occupancy and food & beverage opportunities thus ensuring the hotel meets/exceeds management and owner revenue/profit goals and expectations.
6. Train all members of the hotel staff on how to recognize and capitalize on all sales opportunities to increase hotel occupancy and revenue.
7. Regular and timely attendance is an essential function of this position.
Hotel information for the boston marriott newton in newton, ma, us