Specific Job Knowledge, Skills and Ability:|
As the Director of Sales and Marketing, you must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
Common traits of Sales Directors include self-motivation, effective presentation skills, creativity, idea generation, good written expression, oral comprehension, written comprehension, deductive reasoning, and work great with people.
- Sales Skills: Understand the features, functions and positioning of the hotel, and is capable of closing business with customers by helping them recognize the value the hotel brings to the enterprise
- Marketing: knowledge of and skill in the use of fundamental principles associated with identifying, developing and creating markets that meet hotel objectives and targets
- Business Communication: Uses results-oriented writing techniques and strategies for correspondence with correct grammar and punctuation. Superior written and oral communication skills
- Assume responsibility and accountability
- Solid skills selling and negotiating programs/projects; Ability to sell concepts and ideas to management, peers, and employees
- Teach suggestive selling techniques
- Ability to produce consistent profits
- Provide overall direction, coordination, and ongoing evaluation of operations
- Ability to quickly evaluate alternatives and decide on a plan of action
- Create courteous, friendly, professional work environment
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, with the ability to set priorities for self
- Ability to focus attention to performance of tasks despite frequent stressful and unusual interruptions
- Pleasant telephone demeanor and etiquette; excellent listening skills
- Knowledge of hotel structure and how all departments interact
- Follow/enforce company policies and procedures
- Ability to clearly and consistently communicate with the supervisor, including notification of pertinent information
- Computer literate with knowledge of a variety of computer software applications, including, but not limited of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Delphi. Must able to maneuver efficiently through the Internet and various web site
- Strong customer service orientation and skills
- Commitment to exceeding guest expectations
- Education: Bachelors Degree: Diploma or Degree Marketing Hospitality/Restaurant /Tourism Management, or related field preferred
- Experience: A minimum of four years hotel sales experience and an excellent network of contacts required.
- Grooming: Must maintain a neat, clean, and well groomed appearance per Hotel and or Stanford Hotels standards
The work environment characteristics described here are the responsibilities of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions General office environment. Considerable stress may occur at times. Some travel required
Responsible for managing sales, convention services and catering departments. Establishes effective communications with appropriate executives and managers to ensure proper sensitivity to sales needs. Develops, implements, and manages the company's advertising strategy, both from a business, sales and technical perspective. Develop budgets and projections for advertising. Manages the development of sales materials, including sales kits.
As a Director of Sales and Marketing you will lead, coach and mentor managers to generate new sales opportunities. You will analyze account profitability and work with sales managers in determining sales techniques, advertising and market penetration. You will provide formal and informal training in key areas such as prospecting, cold calling, selling skills, product knowledge and proposal writing. You will plan, develop and execute sales strategies tailored to potential clients, and keep informed on competitive services and pricing
Accurately forecasts annual, quarterly and monthly revenue streams Develops specific plans to ensure revenue growth in all company's products Coordinates proper company resources to ensure efficient and stable sales Directs professional account management activities Provides quarterly, monthly, and annual results assessments of sales staff's productivity - Manages and develops sales and sales support staff
- Researches prospects for and qualifies new business generating sources for the hotel
- Actively participate in community/convention activities to maintain awareness with community and to create booking opportunities
- Manages an assigned market to maximize sales revenues and meet corporate objectives:
Manages personnel activities of staff (i.e. hires, trains, coaches, appraises, rewards, motivates, disciplines, recommends termination as necessary, etc.) Develop and implement effective marketing and action plans for generating revenues Evaluates effectiveness of sales, convention services and catering managers; recommends necessary changes - Establishes and manages effective programs and meetings to address the following issues
New account sales and growth to base through sales force Improved meeting presentations Pro-active competitive strategies and targeted sales campaigns Proper use and level of sales support Business/financial issues on contracts Management of expenses of the area at a reasonable level - Performs sales activities on major accounts
- Maintain or exceed budgeted sales and profits in all sales and catering areas
- Sources web-based listings and directories to identify resources and databases that may yield prospective group, transient and catering business for the hotel
- Sends correspondence by e-mail to targeted industry groups and contacts from the above resources
- Places outgoing telephone calls as follow up to the above correspondence in order to qualify leads for prospective business
- Provides accurate records of solicitation contact and potential business generated by maintaining Excel spreadsheet summaries of calls made and prospects and leads forwarded, as well as contacts identified as having no potential. In addition, a reader file of all outgoing correspondence will be maintained
- Provide weekly and monthly reporting of solicitation results and statistics
- Regular attendance in conformance with standards, which may be established by Hotel /Stanford Hotels from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position.
- Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel. Employees with irregular attendance will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
Hcareers.com - 16 months ago
Marriott International, Inc., is a leading lodging and hospitality company that develops, operates, and franchises hotels, corporate housing...