BASIC PURPOSE: Generate hotel revenues through Solution Selling
Solicit and manage market segments
- Solicit and manage market segment to achieve and exceed budgeted revenue goals.
- Maintain and review revenue quotas bi-weekly.
- Prospect all potential avenues for group/transient/catering business.
- Cultivate leads, establishing relationships and providing exceptional service to existing accounts.
- Spend 80% of time on proactive direct client solicitation via telemarketing, outside sales calls, and or trade shows in search of new business.
- Achieve and exceed personal sales goals.
- Conduct site inspections and entertain qualified potential clients in accordance with company policies.
- Participates in sales trips to key feeder markets and attends trade shows to promote the hotel.
- Participates in industry and community organizations representing the sales opportunities for the property.
- Greet and welcome group contacts upon arrival to the hotel as often as possible. Establish a time to meet for a few minutes sometime throughout the groups stay.
- Maintain minimum weekly sales activities
Telemarketing Calls: 25-30 Week
Past groups history, reader boards, membership directories, local business directories (on-line) and web searches according to segment/competition. Example: Knowland Reader Board Leads
Outside Calls: 8 per week
Calls can be existing customers as well as NEW
10 maintenance, 15-25 NEW
Site Inspections 2 per week
For all outside sales, call reports must be entered into DELPHI
- Prime Selling Time 9-11am, 2-4, Monday-Thursday.
- Attend daily sales stand-up meetings and any additional Sales Meetings as directed.
Maintain accurate and up-to-date records in Delphi Management System.
- Complete daily traces and enter daily activities in Delphi.
- Complete summary of past week activities must be finalized by 12:00 noon every Wednesday for weekly reporting.
- Provide an update about his/her adopted hotels on a weekly basis. This is part of the Reader Board shop calls of the competition.
- Perform Lobby Lizard Ambassador duties if required.
- Perform MOD day according to staff calendar rotation.
- Knowledge and experience in Qualifying business and inquiries, outlining customer needs, available hotel benefits and features, for a Win-Win Sale.
- Knowledge and experience is selling Food And Beverage, Banquet Service and Set-ups, basic Audio Visual Technology and Food production requirements.
- Execute prompt and courteous service to ensure that guest expectations are exceeded.
- Complete all necessary correspondence for operating departments in order to execute the functions as contracted.
- Embrace our brand Stay Real guest service culture.
- Work closely with Catering Services and Reservations to ensure all contractual agreements with the customer have been met.
- Maintain professional relationships with customers in order to continue to re-book their business and penetrate business opportunities that each of them may control.
- Be involved in community chamber organizations to establish hotel brand presence, obtain leads and/or referrals,
- Draft proposals, letters and contracts etc.
- Plan and conduct pre/post event meetings when deemed necessary.
- Submit expense reports by the last Friday of the month, unless the last day lands on any other weekday.
- Use the property's email system and maintain their email box, as is policy. Additionally, this position may or may not have access and/or control over the email box of their supervisor(s).
- Appropriate business use of telephone and voice mail system.
- Greet internal and external customers in a friendly and professional manner.
- Knowledge of and compliance with all Emergency procedures. Reports unsafe conditions, as appropriate.
- Maintain a professional and friendly relationship with other departments, team members and guests.
- Maintain work area in a neat and orderly fashion.
Indeed - 6 months ago