Director of Sales and Marketing
Executive Leadership Team
Sales and Marketing
Full time-year round, salary
USA- Mammoth Lakes, CA
- Maximize the revenue potential for the Westin Monache franchise 230 key, condo resort hotel by directing the sales, marketing and public relations departments and the activities of the Sales Manager, Revenue Manager and Sales Coordinator.
- Maximize revenue for the hotel by directing all overall group, transient, wholesale and catering/banquet salesactivities.
- Deliver the revenue information required by Starwood and Intrawest by preparing and compiling data for the strategic salesplan, monthly SMARTS report, annual goals, salesand marketing budget, forecasts and other reports as directed/required.
- Develop rates, group ceilings and deployment strategies through review of competitive data, demand analysis and mix management.
- Create effective market position by using experience in online marketing, web development, web 2.0 and social networking skills.
- Present to various department heads the actions taken and ROI to-date for the fiscal year Marketing Plan and Advertising Schedule on a quarterly basis.
- Promote the Resort by actively participating insalespresentations, property tours and client meetings.
- Ensure the effective communication of Sales and Marketing department activities by conducting or attending daily business review meetings, weekly strategic salesmeetings, management meetings and other meetings as required/ requested.
- Manage Sales and Marketing Team members by conducting regular performance reviews, setting Goals and Objectives, generating learning and development plans, creating schedules and managing time interface systems, promoting strong collaboration among team, and motivating sales force.
- Maintain and grow the positive perception of the resort by directing all advertising, public relations and promotional activities.
- Represent the hotel professionally by participating in community and industry organizations/events.
- Embrace and model The Westin Culture and Core Values by actively participating in trainings, learning opportunities and other related Associate programs. Communicate with associates, management, clients, owners and others in a courteous and professional manner, and in accordance with Westin Brand Standards.
Leaders of Intrawest are expected to demonstrate competencies in the following core areas:
Is honest and principled; develops self and inspires others; exhibits confidence and courage; has authenticity; is genuine; does not hide behind authority.
- Demonstrates Personal Excellence:
Shares knowledge; has organizational savvy; works across the enterprise through effective communication; strong executive presence.
- Builds and fosters relationships:
Understands the needs and behaviors of key customer segments; anticipates needs; seeks to create value for the customer.
Is strategically focused and agile; has global industry awareness; has strong business acumen.
- Develops successful strategies:
Is innovative; insightful and optimistic about change; takes calculated risks.
- Creates the new and different:
Empowers people; celebrates success; drives high performance; develops the capabilities of others as a role model/coach/mentor.
Plans proactively; organizes work; mobilizes resources against key priorities; initiates actions and drives decisions; maintains focus on priorities; is accountable.
Education and Certifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in complimentary discipline required. Hospitality Experience preferred.
Experience and Skills
- 4-6 years of sales, marketing and revenue leadership
- Prior team leadership experience required
- Hospitality and Ski industry experience preferred
- Starwood Brand experience beneficial
- Strong computing, financial and Microsoft Excel skills required
- Galaxy, Lightspeed, TLPe/TLGo, Delphi, Meeting Broker, eProposal, Cvent and Lanyon system knowledge beneficial
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language[s] used in the workplace
- Most work tasks are performed indoors. Temperature is moderate and controlled by hotel environmental systems.
- Must be able to sit at a desk for up to 8 hours per day.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 lbs. occasionally.
- Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity.
- Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of communicating with guests and Associates
- Vision occurs continuously with the most common visual functions being those of near vision and depth perception.
- Requires manual dexterity to use and operate all necessary equipment such as computers, printers, 10-key adding machine, multi-line touch tone phone, filing cabinets, FAX machines, photocopiers and other office equipment as needed.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily- reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Conform with and abide by all regulations, policies, safety rules, work procedures, and instructions.
- Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position.
- Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, Associates may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel.
- Attendance at all scheduled meetings and training sessions is required.
- All Associates must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance per standards.
- Employment for this job is contingent upon the successful completion of a background check.
- This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the Associate in this position. Associate(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
- This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at will" relationship.
The Westin Monache Resort, Mammoth is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Intrawest is a leader in the development and management of experiential destination resorts. The Company has a network of resorts at North...