SUMMARY Develop and foster hotel business through direct sales, marketing, telemarketing, direct mail, and tours of hotel. This is an advanced level position designed to lead a sales office in the solicitation of new and maintenance of existing transient, group, and meeting room business. The Director of Sales is responsible for all sales/marketing and advertising tasks, public relations and administrative reporting.
1. Provide the highest quality of service to the customer at all times, set example for immediate and hotel wide staff.
2. Develop a Marketing Plan by gathering historical and competitive data, then setting goals and determining action plans to meet those goals. Work with the General Manager in preparing the annual sales and marketing budget. Update action plans and financial objectives quarterly.
3. Develop new business through obtaining accounts from competition, lateral development of existing accounts and contacting new customers in the market. The solicitation of new and saturation of existing business should be through a combination of in-house appointments, telephone, and personal calls as outlined by the Marketing Plan and Budget.
4. Entertain and maintain close relations with the major accounts tourism and business associations, and community leaders to develop positive rapport and ensure repeat business. This can be done by direct sales, tours, telephone calls, correspondence and entertainment. Keep close ties with our competitive set in order to maintain proper positioning and awareness, as well as to enhance referral opportunities and network with current contacts to uncover other potential decision makers or influencers.
5. Prepare and interpret month end reports. Monitor and analyze trends so we are always prepared and proactive to changes rather than re-active. Know your competitors business and ensure hotel is receiving its fair share.
6. Suggest and provide advertising or promotional support, holiday packages, corporate clubs, weddings, etc.
7. Work closely with Revenue Manager for each hotel and front desks to ensure the selling strategies are understood and adhered to, and revenue is maximized.
8. Ensure property follow up and implementation of Guidelines for Operational Procedures. Revise sales and marketing guidelines, marketing procedures, and promotions manual when appropriate.
9. Qualify and greet in-house guests at each hotel on a scheduled basis.
10. Complete weekly reports and submit those required to the General Manager
11. Use of Sales Forms on a consistent basis.
12. Complete a minimum of 12-15 outside sales calls per week and 4-5 tours of the hotels per week.
13. Complete a minimum of 50 Prospecting calls per week.
14. Involvement in Community Activities and Hotel Programs important.
15. Attend, participate and lead weekly sales meetings.
16. Attend any brand required training as well as other meetings requested by the General Manager.
17. Accommodate guest special requests whenever possible.
18. Inform General Manager of potential opportunities/concerns with clients and progress of special projects.
19. Responsible for knowing respective hotels emergency procedures.
20. Carry out any reasonable request by Management that you are capable of performing.
21. Ensure clear communication between cluster properties.
22. Monitor room inventory and rate programs be knowledgeable of occupancy, average rate, and REVPAR goals.
23. Represent Concord Hospitality, in a professional manner at all times.
24. Comply with company policies and procedures.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace.
Please see above
Concord Hospitality - 2 years ago