About Evolution Hospitality
Headquartered in Orange County, CA, Evolution Hospitality is one of the top privately-owned hotel management companies in the US. Evolution Hospitality has a well-defined vision, a strong sense of values and guiding principles, and a long-range, quality-minded approach to business. From unassuming beginnings with a single property, today Evolution Hospitality is recognized as a first-class operator of hotels.
We are proud to offer candidates a dynamic career, personal growth, a strong tradition of mutual trust, integrity and an opportunity to make an impact on the business. Simply put, it means that it feels a bit different to work here. We are universally driven by our fundamental values and beliefs. At Evolution Hospitality, all associates are selected and evaluated on two criteria equally: results and culture. Honesty and humility are equally important as intellect and ability, and each member of the team embraces the challenge of becoming a better human being, both personally and professionally, as part of the package. Superstars are those individuals that not only create value for the company but also genuinely embrace and live Evolution Hospitality’s unique culture.
Are you ready to evolve? If you are interested in establishing a solid career and taking giant strides in personal growth, Evolution Hospitality is just the family you’re looking for.
We are currently looking for a highly motivated, determined, well-spoken and experienced Director of Sales who understands the meaning of “hunting” to proudly sell our Doubletree Palm Springs Golf Resort (formerly Doral Princess) property.
As a Director of Sales you’ll be responsible for executing sales strategies in order to maximize hotel profitability while maintaining customer satisfaction.
Key responsibilities of a Director of Sales include:
• Achieving or exceeding individual and team sales goals and hotel budgets
• Developing and implementing effective sales strategies to maximize revenue generation
• Creating and managing Annual Strategic Plan
• Managing lead sources to ensure quantity and quality of leads
• Working closely with the Business Development team to develop lead generation strategies for the Business Development group
• Seeking new customers through strategic outbound sales efforts for group, extended stay group and transient room revenue
• Conducting sales calls to key accounts or major prospects
• Monitoring sales activities/performance to ensure revenue goals meet or exceed established plan and accurately reporting variance/projections to management
• Weighing the value of each piece of business against hotel and Evolution Hospitality objectives
• Using corporate Revenue Management resources to help make informed decisions and maximize revenue
• Developing and maintaining positive relationships with peers, competitors and brand partners
• Adjusting strategy based on competitive market and market segment knowledge
• Ensuring that the property is maximizing the use of all company, brand and local CVB programs
• Recruiting the best possible sales team and reducing turnover through coaching, counseling and training
• Providing support and coaching for team members to drive high levels of performance, job satisfaction, and personal growth
• Training and empowering sales team members to exercise good judgment to make profitable business decisions
• Ensuring that the hotel sales team is effectively using the Sales Tools available
The ideal Director of Sales candidate will have a minimum of three (3) years of experience as a Director of Sales (DOS), equivalent with a proven track record of success. If you have high performance standards, a high level of enthusiasm and thrive in a fast-paced team environment then you just might be the candidate that we’re looking for!
The minimum qualifications for this position are:
• Minimum of three years’ experience managing or leading a hotel sales
• Extensive knowledge of forecasting sales and interpreting/analyzing results to plan and conducting budgetary analysis
• Extensive knowledge of sales skills, revenue management, recruiting, supervising, training and motivating managers
• Demonstrated ability to understand customer requirements and translating these into sales solutions
• Track record of leading and inspiring teams to meet or exceed sales goals
• Ability to be assertive and persuasive without being aggressive
• Excellent communicator with strong written and verbal communication skills
• Track record of developing long term relationships and contacts
• Ability to quickly evaluate alternatives and decide on a plan of action
• Strong organizational skills including follow up, time management, ability to multi-task and manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
• Working knowledge of MS Word, Excel and DELPHI
Evolution Hospitality - 7 months ago