Department Description |
WELCOME TO DIAMOND RESORTS INTERNATIONAL® Diamond Resorts International® is a worldwide leader in hospitality and vacation ownership. We are committed to providing every member, owner and guest with the hassle-free, relaxing, memorable vacation holiday experience they deserve. We aim to consistently exceed expectations with high quality resorts and industry-leading hospitality. DIAMOND RESORTS INTERNATIONAL® Diamond Resorts International®, with its network of more than 300 vacation destinations located in 33 countries throughout the continental United States, Hawaii, Canada, Mexico, the Caribbean, South America, Central America, Europe, Asia, Australia and Africa provides guests with choices and flexibility as they design their dream vacation, whether theyre traveling an hour away or around the world. Our hassle-free, relaxing vacations give guests a truly memorable experience every time, for a lifetime. ABOUT DIAMOND RESORTS CORPORATION Diamond Resorts Corporation and its subsidiaries own, operate and manage vacation ownership resorts and, through resort and partner affiliation agreements, provide members and owners with access to 89 managed resorts, 163 affiliated resorts, 48 affiliated hotels and four cruise itineraries through THE Club® at Diamond Resorts International®. To learn more, visit DiamondResorts.com.
The Director of Sales (DOS) supervises and provides leadership to the day-to-day sales operations by training and motivating the sales team members, while ensuring the correction presentation of the Diamond product. The Director of Sales is responsible for attaining monthly and annual sales targets, building up distribution channels, establishing strategic business relations and providing ideas for all strategic sales planes and their implementation. The Director of Sales is also responsible for controlling the selling costs with the objective of achieving predetermined net sales goals.
A more detailed job description is available upon request from the Human Resources Department.
- Provide leadership to the day-to day operations of the Sales department, while maintaining focus on the companys strategic goals.
- Direct department to achieve the objectives established by the companys strategic plan.
- Responsible for the achievement of the established targets in regards to VPG, net sales volume and closing percentage of the relevant sales site.
- Responsible for managing and controlling the sales budget of the relevant sales site.
- Create product segmentation strategies wherever needed to maximize trade opportunities across different sales channels.
- Effectively execute and manage every element of the sales process on an individual level and build a top-notch sales team.
- Accountable for attracting, retaining, training and motivating a diverse sales force on a constant basis.
- Lead and influence a successful & experienced team of Sales Managers.
- Manage the performance of the entire sales unit, including Sales Managers and Sales Agents, through the consistent practice of the corporate Performance Management programs and the conduction of analysis to determine performance levels against corporate objectives by: (1) establishing the performance goals for all sales management team members along with the relevant action plans aimed at supporting the achievement of such goals; (2) working with the sales management team members in the establishment of performance goals for the sales team members along with the relevant action plans aimed at supporting the achievement of the performance goals; and (3) exhaustive follow-up.
- Develop and maintain a strong work relationship with key opinion leaders and contacts with other relevant areas of the business, ensuring that the sales operations are integrated within the overall guest experience.
- Collaborate closely with the marketing teams ensuring efficient tour planning.
- Communicate brand identity to the sales force on a consistent basis.
- Promote a high quality company image by demonstrating professionalism to both clients and colleagues.
- Ensure the delivery of the Meaning of Yes® at every touch point.
- Focus selling message on needs of customer.
- Exceed client expectations and experience, dealing with complaints immediately.
- Analyze the projects of our local competitors and maintain constant communication with the DRI leadership team.
- Operate office machinery (i.e., computer, copy machine, fax machine).
- Perform other duties as assigned by his/her immediate supervisor.
- Five (5) years of successful sales experience in the vacation ownership or timeshare industry.
- Three (3) years of proven success as a Sales Manager in the vacation ownership industry.
- Proven and verifiable ability to function as a successful T/O.
- Strong ability to recruit, train and motivate individuals in the field of direct sales.
- Ability to effectively coach, counsel, motivate and lead a team.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- High School diploma, GED or equivalent.
- Thorough knowledge of the vacation ownership industry trends, company products & services.
- Strong working knowledge of RCI and IIs products and services.
- Conduct oneself in a professional and unbiased manner at all times.
- Initiative and enthusiasm, possessing a can do attitude.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions to verbal, mathematical or diagram form, and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Cultivate a philosophy of change. Anticipate changes and develop plans & programs to optimize resources and benefits.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, metrics driven environment.
- Proven ability to understand and interpret financial documents, as well as create spreadsheets & budgets.
- Proficient in reading and understanding annual budgets and statistical reporting.
- Detail oriented, accurate and great time management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written).
- Ability to provide excellent customer service (i.e., must be able to communicate in a positive and effective manner when dealing with upset owners).
- Ability to carry out responsibilities in accordance with the organizations policies and applicable laws.
- Demonstrated problem solving ability.
Diamond Resorts International® offers:
- Excellent earning potential.
- Excellent benefits program including company matching 401(k).
- Eligibility for our tuition reimbursement program.
- Resort Privilege Program (eligibility for travel discounts).
- Industry leading training program.
- Fun working environment.
- Unlimited real growth opportunities.
Diamond Resorts International
- 23 months ago - save job