Direct the management of the Sales of Flowers Products
in assigned branches. Utilizing proper leader-ship and
control, this individual ensures maximum profitable
sales through professional leadership and intelligent
customer service in a team environment. This position is
classified as salaried.
Position requires demonstration of competency for all
on-the-job activities that may have a direct or indirect
affect on product safety, legality and/or quality.
The driving of company vehicles and/or personal vehicles
in furtherance of company business must be done in a
manner that is consistent with all DOT and state
Requires constant interaction with work group and other
departments at the primary work location.
POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES/MAJOR DUTIES
- Financial Accounting
- Customer Relations
- Basic Computer
- Employee Relations
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
guidance, direction and assistance to achieve
- Provide Sales Managers with proper and necessary
Company profit goals and compliance with all
applicable policies and procedures (customer service
requirements, equipment, vehicle, warehouse and
other sales-related areas recruitment, retention,
orientation, training, discipline, appraisal,
safety, record keeping, EEO and other Human
communicate these goals to Sales Managers, then
- Assist in the development of Sales-related goals and
provide on-going reinforcement and refinement.
product sales information, including: Competitor
- On-going market report analysis of customer and
activity (pricing, products, promotions, space,
position, people, etc.).
units, dollar sales, profit margin, and stale by
- Using the Branch PC reports to determine Flowers
route, product group, label.
adjustment of distribution strategies by product,
- On-going formulation, assessment, communication, and
product group, customer sales and customer groups.
- Development of plans and relentless pursuit of new
discuss and agree upon Sales strategies, people
- Conduct period meetings with Sales Managers to
management and other related business.
and use of available information, including the
- Train and direct Sales Managers in the understanding
professional presentation of this
information/knowledge to our customers and employees
and/or distributors to blend Company goals with
settlements, accounts receivable, proper
- Monitor proper execution of branches, execution of
distribution, ordering, stale control, freshness and
contacts to build rapport, explain sales history and
- Prepare and use a planned schedule of key customers
sell our ideas to increase store profits and better
serve the customer.
where Sales Managers monitor their branches and
- Develop, implement and promote a team environment
people; where their people have the best possible
morale and competitive spirit.
with Bakery Store Managers.
- Ensure orderly and proper stale recovery/relations
concerning all of the above matters.
- Maintain close contact with the Vice President
procedures (EEO, Harassment, Safety, Sarbanes Oxley,
- Practice and comply with all Company policies and
management to be an integral part of the job,
- Performance of other duties which are deemed by
including but not limited to fulfillment of work
schedules, adherence to attendance policies, and
other applicable operating rules, policies and
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS/REQUIREMENTS
- Valid Driver's License and documented safe driving
- Current DOT certification if applicable for work
businesses, company warehouses, customer offices and
- Must be physically capable of movement to all
all plant administrative areas.
reaching motion involving items weighing up to 50+
- Ability to perform lifting, stooping, bending, and
lbs frequently and 100+ lbs. occasionally.
- Ability to enter/exit a step van.
computer, telephone and calculator.
- Ability to distinguish color codes.
- Ability to operate programmable handheld and office
quality and appearance (shape, size, color, etc.).
- Ability to view product and determine product
operate required office equipment.
- Ability to generate written communication and
individual communicate clearly and distinctly in
- Speech and hearing abilities that allow the
English, and/or another language if required, in
person and via telephone with customers and sales
safety procedures, signs, etc.
- Ability to read, comprehend and practice necessary
- Ability to read, comprehend and write or type
implement and monitor required policies and
- Ability to research, ascertain, reason, develop,
- Must be able to operate assigned company vehicle.
Progressive sales experience, as follows: One or more
years as salesperson or independent distributor, one or
more years experience as first level sales person, two
or more years of Branch Sales Manager experience.
Four year college degree in Business or Marketing
preferred. Completion of AMA Management Course.
Completion of formal management skills training program.
We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits
including medical, dental, and 401(k). Please reply by
January 10, 2013. Resumes are active for 30 days.
Interested job seekers who successfully complete the
series of pre-screening questions and who appear to
possess the basic qualifications for this position may
be contacted for a telephone interview.
Holsum Bakery, Inc is an Equal Opportunity Employer
If you need assistance with submitting your resume due
to a medical condition or disability, please send an
e-mail to Steve Hayden at email@example.com.
Division/Department : West