The Director of Sales will play a key role in driving the continued double-digit growth of our Legal Consulting Practice. He/she will draw from our history of innovation and dominance in this space to sell services into some of the most recognized corporate and law firm names in the country. Over five years, our business development team has sold over 9000 engagements and consistently operates at incredibly high levels of capacity utilization. Key components of our value proposition include: superior innovation, delivery of results at a predictable cost, large geographic footprint, tremendous scalability, a technology-agnostic platform, best-in-class data analytics, and the fact that this practice is a front-and-center core component of Huron’s overall business strategy.
The importance of internal and external legal services is increasing while the resources available to execute against this increased workload are fewer. The Director will be in the prime position to capitalize on this trend through selling from our full suite of service offerings including V3locity®, the first service to truly offer a fixed cost end-to-end solution integrating e-discovery with human domestic document review. He/she will contribute insight with regard to go-to-market strategy; draft proposals; create and execute aggressive and achievable sales plans and commitments; and contribute to marketing strategy. Success will require him/her to leverage their deep sales experience selling e-discovery and document services.
The Director will develop and execute account penetration plans within their client base. And will “own” their results and the process of getting them. He/she must be “brilliant on their feet” and must adapt their communication, approach, and sales strategy to all organizational levels up to Partner, General Counsel and C-levels. Also important will be the Director’s capacity to build exceptional relationships internally with the Managing Director community. He/she will manage multiple concurrent sales cycles at various stages. Sales cycle can run from days to months depending on the size of the solution or client type.
While activities will vary, in general the Director can expect their time to be spent as follows: 50% following up and producing material results from the internal and external leads they develop; 30% initiating impactful new business development conversations as a follow up to an existing project or by spotting industry issues and proactively connecting them with client pain points; 20% on planning, proposal writing, reporting, and overseeing existing projects.
The Director will be evaluated by the extent to which he/she performs against their sales goals. Also critical will be the depth, breadth and sustainability of their client relationships and the extent to which he/she fosters internal relationships.
- Develop and articulate a clear grasp of services.
- Make concise and compelling presentations to a variety of audiences; capture the attention and engagement of the most demanding and time-pressed audiences.
- Balance the need to close business quickly while concurrently working with clients consultatively to identify client needs and match them with service offerings.
- Work in close partnership with Managing Directors to capture and maximize revenue opportunities.
- A track-record of successfully selling large-scale e-discovery or document review services. Experience selling an integrated e-discovery and document revue service is strongly preferred.
- Proven discipline with regard to developing and effectively executing detailed account plans, penetration strategies and pipeline management strategies.
- Large client base of law firm and corporate contacts.
- A demonstrable and documented track record of predictably, consistency, and the overachievement of revenue targets.
- Proven experience concurrently managing selling-cycles of varying length.
- A flexible approach to communication; able to adapt message quickly to the appropriate level or function with poise, polish, and relevance.
- A highly intelligent and energetic executive who quickly assesses business situations and acts in an informed and decisive manner to drive required results.
- Excellent written and verbal skills; ability to articulate complex subject matter to non technical audiences in a concise and compelling manner.
- Entrepreneurial spirit; the drive to build and grow a dynamic and vibrant business.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution. An advanced degree is preferred.
Huron Consulting - 2 years ago
Huron Consulting was founded in 2001 by Zvi Flanders, ACC, MCP, ACE. Taking the wealth of knowledge obtained from 12 years as IT manager at...