Job Title: Director of Sales
Reports To: Vice President of Sales
Department: Step 3 (Solar, Windows & TCC) Sales
FLSA Status: Exempt
Location: Boston, MA
Are you a professional, seasoned, in-home sales leader?
Interested in working for a mission-driven company that is making a positive impact in the world?
Next Step Living is a rapidly growing, mission driven, venture backed residential energy services company. Our services make it easy for our customers to reduce their energy bills and greenhouse gas emissions while making their homes more comfortable
Summary of Role : Next Step Living (“NSL”) has a unique value proposition that allows for a consistent and engaged prospect lead flow. We are looking for a seasoned Sales Manager who considers himself or herself a student of sales. The Director of Sales will drive company revenue and growth by managing sales teams in multiple locations. They will drive consistent messaging through partnership with Next Step Living Sales Managers as well as direct contact with Sales Advisors. This is a highly collaborative role
· Become an expert in the NSL sales processes.
· Provide consistent training on NSL sales process and drive consistent messaging throughout sales organization.
· Ensure compliance of NSL sales process through Sales and Field Managers.
· Maintain Advisor Net Promoter Scores at or above Company target.
· Provide consistent feedback to Sales and Field Managers through NSL employee review process as well as ongoing written and oral communication.
· Work with Sales Managers and Field Managers to develop their skills in all areas of sales management including, but not limited to:
o Hiring and properly onboarding New Advisors in conjunction with HR Team
o Proper retraining procedures for at risk advisors
o Off boarding of underperforming Advisors
o Conducting proper ride and guides
o Conducting a professional sales meeting
· Maintain sufficient staffing to achieve Company Sales Targets.
· Maintain sales conversion in accordance with Company budget including:
o Close to issued lead
o Retention of business
· Drive revenue by achieving Advisor Capacity and overall sales conversion to meet or exceed targets.
· 5+ years managing multiple outside in-home sales teams.
· 10+ years of in-home sales experience.
· Experience managing multiple location sales teams.
· Proven track record of meeting or exceeding goal.
· The ability to thrive in a fast-paced, results-oriented, challenging and changing environment.
· Desire to work for a mission driven, triple bottom line company.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Collaborative, non-territorial hands-on professional with a positive, pragmatic, can-do mind-set.
· Ability to react to change productively and learn new skills as needed.
· Comfort with complex data sets and data-driven decision making.
· Experience with MS Office is required. Experience with Salesforce CRM (or similar) is highly preferred.
· Persuasive and energetic communicator - engaging and effective in both written and interpersonal communications.
Next Step Living - 22 months ago