POSITION: Director of Sales
REPORTS TO: General Manager
FLSA STATUS: Salaried Exempt
SMG, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities has an immediate opening for a Director of Sales at the Albuquerque Convention Center. The Director of Sales generates sales within the short-term 12 month timeframe and over sees operations of Sales Managers and oversees Marketing needs including advertising, public relations and related tasks.
? Supervises and provides support to Sales Managers and other departments
? Develops sales contracts and addendums and monitors compliance
? Provides on-going support and service to existing clients
? Identifies and implements sales goals and objectives.
? Prepares Sales & Marketing Plan
? Prepares statistics, reports and budget presentations as directed by General Manager
? Represents the facility at all industry-related Trade Shows
? Researches sponsorship of advertising and revenue opportunities for the Convention Center
Directly supervises Managers, Assistants or Coordinators in the Sales and Marketing Department. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with SMG's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding; disciplining employees in conjunction with Human Resources; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
Education and/or Experience:
• Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university in Business, Marketing, Journalism, Public Relations or related field preferred
• Minimum 3-5 years sales related experience required
• 2-3 years supervisory experience necessary
• Facility/industry experience preferred
Skills and Abilities:
• Excellent communication, organizational and interpersonal skills required
• Ability to effectively supervise staff
• Ability to prioritize multiple projects
• High aptitude for figures and advanced writing skills
• Professional presentation, appearance and work ethic
• Ability to work flexible hours in addition to normal business hours
• Some travel required
Resumes must include salary requirements for consideration and may be sent to:
Elaiza Valencia, Human Resources Designee
SMG managed Albuquerque Convention Center
401 2nd Street NW, Albuquerque, NM 87102
No Phone Calls
SMG is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/W/V/D