Plans, organizes, and directs the activities of a staff that is responsible for selling general seating and group events at NYRA facilities and events to increase sales revenue, which involves contacting potential clients to initiate the selling process and secure a sales contract; designing event packages for clients utilizing creativity and the available of NYRA venues and facilities; arranging for and attending on-track guest events; and, organizing access to and use of NYRA box seats at the Saratoga and Belmont racetracks to ensure the highest levels of guest satisfaction. Leads a Sales Management Committee to develop sales and business strategies to increase the revenue of NYRA by improving the guest experience at NYRA, lowering costs, and developing plans for penetrating new market segments.
- Plans, organizes, and directs the activities of a staff that is responsible for:
- Selling NYRA event facilities to increase sales revenue; Selling general admission, seating and parking;
- Contacting potential clients to initiate the selling process; Adjusting content of sales presentations by studying the client needs and objectives; Calling or visiting potential clients to solicit and secure a sales contract.
- Arranging for and attending on-track guest events for clients under the terms of sales contracts;
- Developing client database information as a resource to secure future sales from past clients;
- Designing event packages clients utilizing creativity and the available of NYRA venues and facilities; Assisting in determining the pricing of event alternatives; Negotiating and assisting in the development of the terms of a contract and ensuring that the contract is reviewed and approved by the Legal Department;
- Assisting in the development of sales collateral material, e.g. brochures, to enhance sales effectiveness; Sending brochures to targeted companies recorded on various mailing lists; Attending networking events to develop new clients;
- Escorting potential clients on tours of NYRA’s facilities; Discussing options for facilities, food service, entertainment, and amenities with the client; Offering suggestions to improve the event; and,
- Organizing access to and use of NYRA box seats at the Saratoga and Belmont racetracks in accordance with established NYRA guidelines, policies, and procedures to ensure the highest levels of guest satisfaction.
- Leads a Sales Management Committee to develop sales and business strategies to increase the revenue of NYRA by improving the guest experience at NYRA, lowering costs, and developing plans for penetrating new market segments.
- Plans and assigns work to subordinates and checks work to ensure compliance with established business initiatives and existing operational policies and procedures; Coordinates work with other areas, e.g. food and beverage and facilities, to ensure an efficient and continuous flow of work and high levels of client satisfaction; Interviews and selects new employees; Trains employees in the performance of their jobs and to introduce changes into operation policies and procedures; Evaluates the performance of subordinates in formal review and recommends salary increases; Addresses and resolves disciplinary problems; and, Develops and implements operational improvements to improve departmental efficiency; Develops and manages to an operating budget.
- Monitors competition by gathering current marketplace information on pricing, products, new products, delivery schedules, merchandising techniques, etc.
- Recommends and initiates changes in products, service, and policy based on feedback from clients and external market sources and by evaluating competitive developments.
- Performs other duties as instructed.
- Educational Level Required: Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience.
- Minimum Years and Kind of Work Experience Required: At least 10 years of successful sales experience in the thoroughbred racing or sports entertainment industries. Sponsorship sales experience a plus.
- Other Requirements: Computer literacy, driver’s license, relocation to Saratoga in the summer, and ability to work the racing schedule including weekends and holidays.
- Highly professional appearance and business dress standard for dealing with clients in face-to-face meetings.
The New York Racing Association, Inc. - 30+ days ago