Fannie Mae exists to expand affordable housing and bring global capital to local communities in order to serve the U.S. housing market. Today, our focus is on preventing foreclosures, making mortgages and rental housing as affordable as possible, and supporting the housing recovery. We are rapidly building and realigning our company to better serve the market as we support the Administration's Homeowner Affordability and Stability Plan.
Join our dedicated, diverse, high-performing workforce and put your unique talents to good use as we work with our partners to advance our nation's housing recovery.
For more information about Fannie Mae and our career opportunities, visit www.fanniemae.com.
Serve as Director of Social Communications and strategic advisor to management team and clients on social business. Develop strategy and lead, plan and direct the implementation of a comprehensive, coordinated social communications effort that supports Fannie Mae's corporate priorities. Work with clients to provide social communication tools and communities to share knowledge, collaborate and strengthen internal connections.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Oversees and manages the development, execution and measurement of social communication strategies to support the company's products and services.
- Develops strategy for Fannie Mae social communication accounts on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn and more.
- Promotes the social communication feeds of related Fannie Mae programs and people.
- Engages audiences to attract top talent, engage employees, and serve as a trusted source of factual information and perspective on company and housing finance.
- Manages the production of multi-media social content, working with staff and clients as needed.
- Educates management team and employees on incorporating social communication techniques and best practices into corporate culture.
- Collaborates both within own group and across divisions to deliver consultative, strategic solutions to clients.
- Works with web development team and others on integrating social communications into website architecture.
- Measures the impact of social communications on overall outreach efforts through monitoring and analysis.
- Monitors trends in social communications and appropriately applies knowledge to strategy; develops social communications working group as necessary.
- Seeks to understand the direction of the company. Serves as a role model for delivering the company's messages and supporting its vision and as a thought leader on social communication.
- Manages budget for area of responsibility.
- When managing staff,
- Accountable for self and team.
- Coaches and mentors staff to achieve performance goals that are aligned with division and company goals. Identifies career development opportunities for direct reports. Provides frequent, informal feedback to staff to aid in individual career growth and development.
- Delegates work effectively. Monitors workload of staff to ensure clients' needs are met, team members are appropriately challenged, and resources are maximized to deliver efficient and effective solutions.
- Plans, documents, and manages the performance of staff managers and/or staff. Provides for professional or technical growth through assignment, mentoring, or training.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- 8 years of related experience
- Previous experience developing and executing social media strategies for a large organization and demonstrated ability to measure and report on the overall efforts.
- Individual should have deep experience in social strategy and execution including using platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, Google , Instagram, and LinkedIn.
- Ability to analyze social media data to identify trends.
- Demonstrated experience working with senior level executives and the ability to influence decisions.
- People management experience and the ability to coach, mentor and develop staff.
- Financial services experience is preferred but not required.
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to pass a pre-employment drug screen and to successfully complete a background investigation, which may also include a credit check for positions in some areas of our business.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Fannie Mae - 13 months ago
We are looking for employees who are intent on helping us achieve something remarkable. Since 2009, we have made tremendous progress in...