Posting Job Title: Director of Social Media and Promotions
Requisition #: 144841BR
Posting Location: New York, NY, US
Area of Interest: Marketing
Position Type: Full Time
Posting Job Description
Time Warner Cable's Marketing Communications Department is looking for an enthusiastic and energetic marketer to lead social media marketing. This includes management, creation, direction and execution of TWC's social media strategy across Residential Services.
Responsibilities will include: the development and implementation of TWC's social media strategy nationally in a way that helps create successful Time Warner Cable promotional marketing initiatives. This individual must understand the online and offline marketing space, and how social media is interwoven into that space. They must be able to lead teams and develop social media campaigns in support of our stated social media strategy which is to "Connect consumers and influencers with information, support, entertainment and each other. We want to empower consumers and customers to engage with the brand."
As a member of the Promotional Marketing team, the Director of social media and promotions will possess a thorough understanding of the social media space and its potential impact in other areas of online and offline marketing including but not limited to Care, Public Relations, Programming, SEO, online advertising, branding and product ideation. This individual must be an excellent communicator, comfortable with writing, supporting and training at all levels of the organization.
The Director of Social Media and Promotions will also oversee social media support for corporate led on site activations.
A blend of leadership skills, strategic thinking, planning, cross functional leadership and ability to execute are required.
Our goal is to create and promote opportunities for our customers to connect with the content they love through promotions, exclusive access, experiential marketing and more. To assist in the development of these opportunities, this individual will get to work with organizations and departments across Time Warner Cable and in the entertainment industry at large. We are looking for someone who loves television, movies, technology and social media and wants to share that passion with others.
- Develop and implement social media strategy for TWC Residential Services nationally.
- Supervise and run social media team, including supervision and management of resources, budgets/administration, etc.
- Oversee Time Warner Cable brand presence on social media platforms, including Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, etc.
- Act as chief architect for social media brand campaigns, including planning, development and execution. Work with Marketing Communications department, partners, agencies and across TWC to bring them to life.
- Work with departments across the company (Public Affairs, Care, Legal, Research, etc.) as well as externally (agencies, developers, vendors, etc.) to meet social media objectives and drive results.
- Oversee social media support for on-site activations.
- Help create and deliver presentations for senior level management
- Oversee TWC's multicultural social media brand presence, including Hispanic brand pages such as Mi Cultura on Facebook and Twitter.
- Be a social media innovator for TWC and stay abreast of cutting edge tools, promotional trends and campaigns.
Skills & Abilities:
- Minimum of 7-8 years of online expertise.
- Minimum of 3-4 years of work experience in or related to social media.
- Entertainment / communications industry experience is strongly preferred.
- Hands-on experience in managing and/or marketing online properties, including but not limited to display marketing campaign, search (SEO and SEM), relevant experience interfacing with and utilizing social media tools sets: e.g. (Facebook, MySpace, Flickr, Twitter, Ning and others), mobile applications and widgets.
- BA/BS Degree
Finally, Time Warner Cable offers competitive benefits to include medical, dental, vision, a matched 401(k) plan, tuition reimbursement, free cable (in specified areas) and free AOL. Qualified candidates should apply in person using the Time Warner Cable kiosk (where available) or on-line at www.timewarnercable.com. EOE/M/F/D/V
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Ability to work with in a deadline oriented fast paced team environment
- Ability to interact with and deliver presentations to senior management
- Understanding of website technology and user interface best practices
- An understanding of the entertainment and/or communications industry
- Ability to juggle multiple projects at once
- Experience with and demonstrated understanding of social media toolsets
- Ability to work well with others and cross functionally within an organization
FCC Unit_TWC: HQ452
Controlling Establishment ID: 00449 - NYC 1633 Broadway
More on TWC:
Time Warner Cable provides generous benefits. Health care and retirement benefits are significant portions of the total compensation package at TWC, and we invest more in those benefits than most employers. In addition, we offer tuition reimbursement, adoption assistance, competitive paid-time-off programs, work-life resources, and discounted pricing on TWC residential products and services for employees within our footprint. Our hope is that, by providing our employees with rich and flexible benefits, we can help them take care of the people who matter most – at work and at home.
Time Warner Cable is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.
Time Warner Cable - 8 months ago
Time Warner Cable (TWC) makes coaxial quiver. The company is the #2 US cable company, after Comcast, with operations in 28 states. Its core...