The Director of Social Services is responsible for the
day to day coordination and oversight of all aspects of
the Social Service department. The Social Service
Director will abide by and practice according to the
company's Social Service Policies and Procedures Manual,
State and Federal guidelines and the National
Association of Social Workers’ “Code of Ethics”. Social
Service functions include but are not limited to:
supervising social service staff, direct services,
advocacy, counseling, service coordination, education,
in-servicing, policy and program development and
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan and direct a comprehensive social service
program which provides for support services for
residents and families.
- Participate in an interdisciplinary team approach to
better serve the needs of the Center population.
- Provide for therapeutic intervention to help
residents cope with the social and psychological
aspects of their illnesses, impairments, or
disabilities as well as their feelings about
institutionalization and separation from family,
community, physical and emotional loss.
- Maintain written documentation in the resident
medical record per the company's policy.
- Perform an initial evaluation/assessment of each
resident’s psychosocial needs to be placed on the
medical record. Written documentation at least
quarterly is required for each resident. Short term
residents require ongoing written documentation.
- Develop social service component of the resident’s
plan of care identifying specific problems, goals
- Participate in and coordinates per the company's
policy interdisciplinary care planning conferences
at the time of admission and at the required
intervals, thereafter in order to assist develop and
revise the overall plan of care for residents.
- Have knowledge and training on MDS 3.0.
- Ensure and documents that residents and/or families
have input into the care planning process.
- Act as a liaison between residents, families and
outside agencies and the Center Administrator to
ensure the resident rights are maintained and
- Responsible for conducting family meetings as needed
i.e. new admission group meetings, support group,
family and friends council.
- Function in a management capacity and adheres to all
policies and procedures of the Center as a
representative of the Company's Centers’
- Perform administrative requirements such as
completing necessary forms and reports under the
direction of the Administrator and submitting such
reports to the Administrator and/or consultants as
- Facilitate discharge planning including the
development of an organized discharge plan for all
- Concern self with the safety of all Center customers
in order to minimize the potential for fire and
- Ensure that the Center adheres to legal, safety,
health, fire and sanitation codes by being familiar
with his/her role in carrying out the Center’s fire,
safety and disaster plans and by being familiar with
- Put customer service first and adheres to the
company's Culture of Excellence Pledge.
- Ensure that residents and families receive the
highest quality of service in a caring and
compassionate atmosphere which recognizes the
individuals’ needs and rights.
- Coordination of admissions to the facility through
- Developing and maintaining relationships with area
- Verifying insurance coverage through computer
systems or verbal authorization.
- Conducting tours of the facility for all outside
- Perform other duties as requested.
- Master's Degree in Social Work or a human services
field including but not limited to, Sociology,
Special Education, Gerontology, or Counseling and
- Need to possess a LCSW or LICSW as required by the
State of or need to possess any certification and/or
licensure required by State regulations.
HealthBridge Management - 17 months ago