The Social Services Director is responsible for developing, planning, implementing, supervising, and monitoring the medical social services staff and program for residents consistent with regulations and established best practices. The Social Services Director provides support through resident/family advocacy, ongoing assessment and evaluation, service coordination and care planning.
- Bachelor’s degree in social work or related field from an accredited college or university.
- Current licensure as a social worker in state in which he/she practices.
- Experience in geriatrics or health care related environment.
- Demonstrated knowledge of current professional social work theory and practice.
- Excellent clinical assessment and documentation skills.
- Ability to organize work flow, respond to emergencies and note detail. Ability to maintain a high level of performance in an environment of frequent demands and changes.
- Demonstrated knowledge of social community service delivery systems preferred.
- Demonstrated computer proficiency including Microsoft Office and other common computer programs.
- Demonstrated compatibility with PHS's mission and operating philosophies.
- Demonstrated ability to read, write, speak and understand the English language to communicate with all customers.
Presbyterian Homes & Services (PHS), based in St. Paul, Minnesota, is a non-profit, faith-based organization providing a broad array of...