SCO is looking for a well- qualified Director of Social Services!!!
The Director will be responsible for the program design, management and supervision of all aspects of Social Services. Responsible for the continuing provision of casework services and the overall planning for the children, ages 15-21, and families in our care. Responsible for the coordination of the delivery clinical services. Provides supervision and training of the Case Planners. The Director utilizes and coordinates the different services of the program as they pertain to the individual plan developed for each family
- Directly supervises the activities of the Case Workers and is responsible for the proper and effective performance of each worker’s assigned duties.
- Conducts individual supervision with each case worker and provides advice, appraisal, interpretations, directions and recommendations on cases in process. Documents all supervision sessions.
- Assures that all Program services are efficiently distributed and used for the benefit of residents and families.
- Approves and supervises Social Service staff’s work schedules to assure efficient utilization of time.
- Examines and evaluates staff’s Progress Notes and record keeping practices in the light of the Program requirements.
- Coordinates the duties and responsibilities of case workers in the event it becomes necessary for the Director to carry the duties of the position.
- Coordinate the aftercare of discharged residents with the social workers and supervisors.
- Advise and collaborate on discharge plans for all residents to be sure they are done in a timely manner and include the best resources available.
- Overall responsibility for compliance with regulatory standards pertaining to casework management. Includes design, implementation and management of internal and external tracking systems.
- Responsible for orientation and training of Social Service Department staff.
- In collaboration with Social Service staff, monitors and evaluates the Service functions through Quality and Appropriateness Reviews.
- Serves as a liaison with referring agencies.
- Works cooperatively with all other department heads.
- Masters in Social work
- 3 years supervisory experience in Child Welfare
- Experience working with LGBTQ Youth and knowledgeable about LGBTQ youth services in NYC
- Has a license to practice Social Work in New YorkState
- Possess the ability to forge mutually respectful partnership LGBTQ youth and their families.
- Possess the ability to set limits and intervene as needed while maintaining a helpful role
If you are interested in the position mentioned above, please email a copy of your resume with a cover letter indicating the position of interest to:
Name/Title: Mike Jukoski, Program Director
Please keep in mind that it is not possible for us to personally contact every candidate, but rest assured that your information will be reviewed and one of our hiring managers will contact you if you’re being considered for the position.
SCO FAMILY OF SERVICES is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
SCO Family of Services - 14 months ago