Balluun is a fast growing, VC backed start-up and has built the leading social business-to-business wholesale commerce platform. Balluun provides a complementary service for tradeshows and other wholesale service providers who want to offer a state-of-the-art digital experience to their clients. Balluun's mobile and web applications run off innovative social B2B technology and seamlessly integrated transaction capabilities to enhance customer experience.
The Balluun engineering team is growing, and we are looking for a Director of Engineering to help manage and mentor the development team and also contribute to shaping ongoing development and design for the Balluun social b2b commerce platform.
Balluun has developed the leading social business to business wholesale commerce platform powering tradeshows and with this whole markets. We have built our platform from the ground up with leading architecural approach solving a huge unaddressed market, with patents pending.
* Participate in a team-based, collaborative development process that starts with in-depth high level design and ends with code review.
* Provide code reviews for ongoing development efforts.
* Mentor more junior team members on design and implementation.
* Work with Support Escalation on supporting Strategic Accounts.
* Be a hands on contributor to new feature development and bug fixing.
* Significant experience with systems-level development in C for enterprise-quality software.
* Proven track record as a technical mentor or team lead.
* Proficient in concurrent and asynchronous system principles.
* Solid systems experience in one or more of: File systems, Linux kernel development, Compilers, writing a web server, developing a game engine, working on a database, developing a caching engine, a media server, proxy server, or similar.
* A Computer Science degree from an accredited four-year university.
* Startup experience -- candidates should enjoy working on hard computer science problems in a small, fast-moving startup environment.
* Experience with modern source control systems (Mercurial, Git).
* Experience as a technical lead, software architect, or other technical design experience.