Bloom Health is actively seeking a passionate and experienced leader to join our growing organization as a Director of Software Engineering. This role is to be filled by someone who is enthusiastic about technology in an emerging growth organization.
Responsibilities include directing development, leadership through coaching and mentoring, growing our software engineering team and partnering with our Chief Technology Officer (CTO) to advise on strategic technology decisions and implementations Bloom is responsible for.
The Director of Software Engineering will report to our CTO and will play a large role in the construction and definition of our software applications; including consumer-facing websites, operations management applications and internal software systems.
- Build and nurture a software development team that embraces innovation, creativity, quality and reliability including product applications, technologies, infrastructure and tools operating system
- Ensure the software development plans are appropriately aligned, communicated and executed as it relates to Bloom’s corporate goals
- Facilitate effective working relationships with all other departments, potentially across multiple locations and multiple platforms
- Leverage the use of internal and external software resources to maximize productivity
- Manage Engineering resources (full time and contractors) and conduct continuous resource planning to meet changing business needs
- Foster a culture that retains and develops Engineering team members
- Execute and support, through management and project teams, the completion of software projects and priorities across the organization
- Enhance the software development lifecycle by applying industry best practices, processes and metrics
- Establish/ revise development standards while participating and in some cases leading architectural strategies.
- Drive standardization across different development projects, when appropriate
- Foster a culture that maintains relationships with key customers to facilitate on-going flow of information around product needs, product development initiatives and market conditions that impact software product development
- Maintain a customer-centric focus throughout the design and usability planning process
- Develop, monitor, and manage budgets for software development functions
- Develop business case justifications and cost/benefit analyses for software development spending and initiatives
- Participates in compliance audits as required to support the business;
- Implements ideas and structure within the software groups that improve the quality and compliance of software development and releases.
- Other duties and projects as assigned
If you have any of these skills, it's a Bonus
- BA/BS in related area such as Computer Science; Masters preferred
- Minimum 4-6 years experience managing high performing software engineer teams
- Experience leading Story creation meetings as well as iteration and release planning meetings
- Proven engineering leadership background in an agile environment
- Ability to conform and communicate shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical, problem-solving and interpersonal skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including written and verbal communication skills Passion and proven ability to effectively motivate and improve colleagues throughout ambiguous and changing initiatives
- Ability to elicit cooperation from a diverse group of internal stakeholders
- Experience in open source environments and technologies
Why you should apply
- Experience with Mac operating systems
Bloom makes an investment in its employees. From day one, employees are encouraged to develop their careers and Bloom supports this through hands on opportunities and enrichment activities. To get a feel for what it's like to work at Bloom, check out what its like to Work With Us .
Bloom Health is a company dedicated to helping employers and their employees find better health care, together. Using a defined contribution approach, Bloom Health helps employers determine how much to spend on health care, and then helps employees find the most suitable health insurance and health programs on which to spend their health care dollars.
Bloom Health, www.gobloomhealth.com, is in downtown Minneapolis. To apply, please send your resume to email@example.com .
Bloom Health - 18 months ago
Bloom Health is a technology-focused company dedicated to helping people take control of their health benefits. Using a defined...