Primary Purpose: Oversee Special Education program related to ARD, compliance, instruction, transition, training and day-to-day troubleshooting. Ensure a smooth flow with in the department and the district goals, policies and procedures, and state and federal law.
SPED Certified; Administrator Certified; Educational Diagnostician or LSSP, preferred
Special Education procedures, policies, state and federal laws
5 years experience in Special Education
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
1. Supervise the Special Education program on each campus through campus visits and communication
2. Ensure special education compliance with all local, state and federal requirements
3. Federal grant application and compliance reporting
4. Provide support for implementation, documentation, and support for special education students to the district SPED specialists, campus SPED specialists and campus administration
5. Provide campus/district training as it relates to Special Education
6. On going audits of SPED operations and compliance in coordination with TEA
7. Coordinate communication of district policy and federal and state legal requirements to all campuses and central level SPED staff
8. Work with outside contractors to ensure appropriate staff development and compliance
9. Work with the campuses on the management of SPED funds and budgets
10. Any other duties required.
Mental Demands/Physical Demands/Environmental Factors:
Work with frequent interruptions, maintain emotional control under stress. Occasional prolonged or irregular hours. Regular district wide travel to multiple work cities, locations as assigned; moderate lifting and carrying.
Must have own reliable transportation available during work hours. Some out of town travel may be required
Texans Can Academies is a non-profit organization operating public charter high schools throughout the State of Texas. Texans Can Academies...