Director of Statistical Analysis
New York, NY
Come join us! Rentrak is a media measurement company providing multi-screen reporting and analytics with cutting-edge technology to serving clients in the entertainment, media, retail, and advertising industries.
Rentrak's research team helps design the intelligent engines that power the company's advanced Movies & TV Everywhere measurement systems. Through our research, Rentrak is able to build projections that make the massive amount of raw data we take in from screens across the world meaningful and useful for our clients. We are currently seeking a Director of Statistical Analysis to add to our growing company of talented team members.
This position is part of the Analytical Solutions team that provides internal services to various departments, including Software Development, Marketing, and New Business Development. The main focus for this role is overseeing product development and statistical analysis work for the suite of TV systems for national television, local television, and video on demand. In this role, the Director of Statistical Analysis will utilize skills and knowledge in statistics and media research, working closely with other members of the Analytical Solutions team, the research team and Software Development department to develop and maintain value-added solutions, both on a syndicated and custom basis, on top of Rentrak’s TV data sets.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Manage the Analytical Solutions statistical analysts in the delegation and execution of custom analysis
- Assist the SVP in new product development, particularly in the digital media space. Prototype new product ideas
- Effectively handle large data files in the course of developing and implementing solutions
- Play a key role in the development and adaptation of statistical methodologies, including traditional media research methodologies, for the development, maintenance and improvement of data products
- Develop statistical tools to facilitate and improve data regression, manipulation, and analysis
- Concisely summarize real-world implications of findings from custom projects and the value proposition of real-world offerings
- Test and measure the effectiveness of new statistical approaches and process improvements
- Regularly interface with clients to aide in the qualification of custom analytical solutions
- Interpret results, present findings and recommend alternative solutions to software and business decision makers
- Consult and communicate statistical modeling results into measures of business impact
- Perform quantitative analysis to discover business alternatives
We offer a friendly team oriented workplace and our benefits are among the best in the business including matching 401K program, medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance, wellness programs, tuition reimbursement, an extremely generous vacation package and more.
- Ph.D. or Masters (M.S.) in Statistics, Decision Sciences, Economics, Physics, or Mathematics required
- 6+ years related experience and/or training in traditional or digital media research
- Minimum of 2 years experience managing a team of statisticians or research analysts
- Minimum of 5 years experience in quantitative and qualitative analysis, regression, data manipulation, and critical thinking
- Extensive experience working effectively with large data files
- Intrinsic ability to look at data and identify patterns, problems, or analysis opportunities
- Excellent knowledge of data mining and software applications
- Ability to distill large amounts of information into key findings
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills
- Excellent communication skills and an ability to explain complex systems both internally and to clients
- Extremely proficient with SAS, SPSS, Alteryx, or some other statistical software
Rentrak Corporation proudly supports Affirmative Action. Rentrak Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of background investigation and pre-employment drug screen.
*No recruiters or agencies please.
Rentrak Corporation - 11 months ago