Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology or equivalent
combination of intellectual instruction and work experience.
Comprehensive knowledge of POS software, Sales Audit,
customer relationship management software and store
hardware. Extensive knowledge of retail business
processes. Excellent project management and resource
A minimum of (10) years of experience in information
Skill and Ability:
High degree of data accuracy and attention to detail.
Excellent interpersonal skills to interact with business leads
Excellent planning skills.
Ability to commit to and meet deadlines.
The Director of Store Applications leads the team responsible for the Vitamin Shoppe Industries’ (VSI’s) suite of store systems included but are not limited to point-of-sale, register polling, payment switching, sales audit, returns processing, electronic journal management, enterprise selling, customer relationship management and store orders. These systems are critical to the operation of Vitamin Shoppe stores and cross-channel sales activities. This position is the senior subject matter expert as it relates to the systems listed and all associated interoperability within and outside of the store applications suite.
Strategy and Direction
Technical (Applications and Store Hardware)
- Set the application upgrade and migration strategy in conjunction with the business owner (e.g. Retail, Finance and Marketing) taking into account business requirements, functionality, and customization needs.
- Partner with business owners to identify system enhancements to improve the customer and store associate experience.
- Develop annual capital plan for major projects. Incorporate business benefits, timing of business needs, IT and business resource allocation, and staff augmentation where necessary.
- Build and maintain partnerships with store system and vendors (Epicor, QAS, etc.). Ensure day to day support meets VSI’s requirements. Develop annual planning and business review cycle.
- Function as subject matter expert for all store systems. Understand application functionality and detailed interfaces between systems and interaction with store hardware.
- Lead team of store software technicians. Ensure staff is fully trained and remains current on software and technology.
- Develop a comprehensive Quality Assurance strategy. Strategy must include test environment(s), performance test scripts, automation, test plans and scripts, and process.
- Provide escalation support to Vitamin Shoppe’s store help desk. Identify and execute solutions to recurring store help desk tickets to reduce overall call volume and consistently improve the store customer and associate experience.
- IT liaison for Retail Operations. Communicate effectively with business leads to ensure exceptional customer service.
- Ensure applications attain and exceed business service level objectives (SLO’s). Develop staffing strategy to support SLO’s. Identifies improvement areas based on trends.
- Provides vendor application support. Issue communication, resolution and future issue avoidance tactics.
- Meet regularly with each business owner to review projects, service requests, and open problem ticket issues. Prioritize requests according to business need and resource availability. Develop deployment schedule in alignment with business prioritization. Communicate changes as necessary.
- Ensure all changes to the production environment and that staff follows the department change management process. Oversee quality assurance process to minimize production software bugs. Develop comprehensive test plans in conjunction with business owners.
- Ensure on time and on budget delivery of projects. Resource projects for success including internal and external staff. Ensure a project manager and business analyst is assigned to complex and large projects.
- Follow project management framework for projects and software development lifecycle for development projects.
- Partner with business on project engagement for business responsibilities including a business lead, user acceptance testing and training, and super user.
Other Operational Responsibilities
- Oversee vendor application budgets including licensing, maintenance and vendor support requirements. Maximize use of external resources through leveraging projects, scale and negotiation tactics.
- Accountable for capital project budgets. Bids contracts where appropriate and ensures best value for staff augmentation.
· Manage and execute the process of developing, testing and successfully transmitting pricing and promotions to all Vitamin Shoppe store registers.
· Maintain the integrity and readiness of all store application test environments.
· Develop SOPs for and train Vitamin Shoppe’s computer operators on all operational and monitoring aspects of maintaining a highly available store systems environment.
· Maintain knowledge and keeps current on PCI compliance requirements for retail stores. Assure store environment is in compliance including software, hardware, data and all processes. Participate in annual certification process. Develop plans to remediate gaps. Ensure department processes are in place to remain in compliance. Escalate identified issues to IT management as necessary.
· Participate in internal and external audits including SOX. Develop plans to remediate audit items in a timely manner.
· Participate as necessary in the annual Disaster Recovery planning process.
Lead, guide and direct several (1-3) store application support specialists with various expertise on Vitamin Shoppe’s suite of store applications and related interfaces.
Our competitive salary and benefits package includes matching 401K, medical, dental insurance, vision-care plan, prescription drug coverage, disability benefits, confidential employee assistance program, health advocacy program, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, paid time off, paid holidays, associate discount, a credit union, an on-site gym and wellness programs.
The Vitamin Shoppe - 19 months ago
copy to clipboard -
Vitamin Shoppe helps vitamin-takers meet their recommended daily requirements. The fast-growing company sells vitamins, supplements, and...