Established NY Security organization, in business 50+ years, seeks Director of Strategic Finance and Accounting to oversee the entire Accounting process and manage the team. This position will report directly to the President/Chief Executive Of ficer (CEO) and directly assist on all strategic and tactical matters as they relate to budget management, cost benefit analysis, forecasting needs and the securing of new funding.
- Assist in performing all tasks necessary to achieve the organization's mission and help execute growth plans.
- Train other staff and departments on raising awareness and knowledge of financial management matters.
- Work with the President/CEO on the strategic vision including fostering and cultivating stakeholder relationships on multi-brand level as well as assisting in the development and negotiation of contracts.
- Participate in develo ping new business, assist the CEO in identifying new funding opportunities, the drafting of prospective programmatic budgets, and determining cost effectiveness of prospective service delivery.
- Ensure adequate controls are installed and that substantiating documentation is approved and available such that all purchases may pass independent and governmental audits.
- Manage and coordinate all fiscal reporting activities for the organization including organizational revenue/expense and balance sheet reports, reports to funding agencies, development and monitoring of organizational and contract/grant budgets.
- Manage and Oversee all purchasing activity .
- Develop and maintain systems of internal controls to safeguard financial assets of the organization and oversee federal awards and programs. Oversee the coordination and activities of independent auditors ensuring all A-133 audit issues are resolved, and all 403(b) compliance issues are met, and the preparation of the annual financial statements is in accordance with U.S. GAAP and federal, state and other required supplementary schedules and information.
- Monitor banking activities of the organization and communicate updates.
- Ensure adequate cash flow to meet the organization's needs.
- O versee administration and financial reporting of the organization's 401K Savings and Retirement Plan.
- Investigate cost-effective benefit plans and other fringe benefits which the organization may offer employees and potential employees with the goal of attracting and retaining qualified individuals.
- Oversee the production of monthly reports including reconciliations with funders and pension plan requirements, as well as financial statements and cash flow projections for use by Executive management, as well as the Audit/Finance Committee and Board of Directors.
- Assist in the design, implementation, and timely calculations of wage incentives, commissions, and salaries for the staff.
- Oversee Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable and ensure a disaster recovery plan is in place.
- Oversee business insurance plans and health care coverage analysis.
- Oversee the maintenance of the inventory of all fixed assets, including assets purchased and leased assets .
- BA/BS in Accounting
- MBA/CPA a plus not required
- 5-7+ years of financial experience and management experience with the day-to-day financial operations of a mid-size organization
- Solid computer skills to include advanced Excel
- Foster and cultivate business opportunities and partnerships
- Create and assess financial statements and budget documents
- Recognize and be responsive to the needs of all clients of the organization, including funding organizations, the Board of Directors, and employers
- Communicate effectively in both written and verbal form
Monster - 17 months ago