The Director of Strategic Planning will lead the development and presentation of strategy recommendations for existing and prospective clients, working with account services managers. In addition, the candidate will play an active and/or leadership role in New Business opportunities – from contact development and initial discussions to full pitches and recommendations. This Director must be able to develop strategic recommendations on short timing with limited information, both independently and in a team setting. We would like the Director to help build new products and services for the agency, train staff, and educate clients. This person will also build agency-wide capability by leading thinking on new marketing concepts and industry verticals, and developing strategic frameworks.
- Lead strategy planning for developing concepts, ideas, and plans for achieving objectives successfully and for meeting and beating the competition
- Understand the market and brand needs of the client
- Lead development of insights
- Understand, share and reapply program performance reviews
- Gather, analyze and interpret the data and information from a variety of sources
- Analyze quantitative and qualitative information from the client and proposing recommendations that will have tangible marketing and business impact
- Synthesize information to provide thoughtful and well-written conclusions on which to develop a marketing and branding plan for the client
- Identifying additional opportunities to provide value to the client
- Co-lead in client presentations
- Develop, write, and bring key insights to life in major presentations to the client
- 10-15 years of experience in Marketing, Advertising, Consulting, and/or Interactive/Technology. May include agency and/or client-side experience.
- MBA or advanced degree preferred
- CRM expertise required
- Experience in handling multiple, simultaneous projects.
- Experience in making recommendations to senior level management.
- Experience in specific industry verticals, such as consumer packaged goods, automotive, healthcare (especially pharmaceuticals), retail, and financial services.
- Travel is required but is expected to be less than 20%.
Possible Worldwide - 13 months ago