Full Time Position (1.0 FTE)
The Juneau School District, located in Southeast Alaska, is accepting applications for the position of Director of Student Services. The school district offers a wide and varied educational program to students in preschool through grade twelve. The district has a culturally rich student population of approximately 4,800 students and is attentive to children with special needs. This is an exempt position, serves on the Superintendent's Cabinet and is not represented by a bargaining unit.
SUMMARY: The Director of Student Services is responsible for oversight of special education, nursing, counseling, drug free schools, the homeless program, alternative school programs, emergency planning and school climate. This position also serves as a hearing officer for pre-adjudicated discipline issues and as the district crises manager.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and abilities required to satisfactorily perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
- Master's degree or higher from a regionally accredited university.
- Must have, or be eligible for, an Alaska Type-B administrative certificate.
- Three years of successful administrative experience, minimum.
- Knowledge of special education programs and requirements.
- Experience with the requirements of IDEA and knowledge of 504 regulations.
- Knowledge and leadership in inter agency design and collaboration.
- A good working knowledge of school law and relevant federal laws.
Compensation : This is a 260-day contract; salary placement is dependent on education and experience. Juneau School District offers an excellent benefit package which includes an employer-sponsored health plan (medical, dental and vision), employer paid life insurance plan, membership with the Teachers Retirement System (TRS) plan, an optional, voluntary deferred compensation program is available, and salary placement is based on creditable years of administrative experience.
- Recent successful administrative experience.
- Successful experience in serving children of varied ethnic, socioeconomic and cultural backgrounds.
- Proven effective interpersonal and communication skills with students, staff, parents, district and community.
- Demonstrated skills as a team builder, mediator and facilitator.
- Experience promoting a safe, violence-free school and Drug Free Schools program.
- Successful experience in budget development and working knowledge of school finance.
- Proven leadership skills including staff development and evaluation.
- Demonstrated experience in successful, equitable, consistent behavior management and follow through.
- Demonstrated experience administrating alternative school programs.
- Commitment to continuous professional learning.
To apply: visit our website at www.juneauschools.org/hr to complete an online application.
k12jobspot.com - 30+ days ago