Responsible and accountable for the delivery of safe, effective, direct and indirect, patient-family centered care through the continuum of perioperative care to include outpatient surgery (eg, preoperative/special procedures/outpatient care), surgery, postanesthesia care unit, and sterile processing department. Plans, directs, coordinates and evaluates the overall clinical nursing practice and administrative activities, including fiscal, material and human resource management. Supports the mission, vision, and values of the organization. Reports to the Chief Nursing Officer.. |
Education: Graduate of an accredited school of Registered Nursing
BSN , Masters preferred
Experience and Qualifications:
Minimum of 2 years RN experience in an OR acute care hospital setting.
Minimum 1 year management/ charge nurse/ specialty coordinator experience.
Excellent verbal/written communication and customer services skills.
Demonstrates emotional maturity and ability to function effectively when under stress.
Current Texas license to practice as a RN
Current certification in BLS; ACLS certification
PALS within 90 days of hire
Must complete/maintain required annual competencies per hospital policy.
1. Works with members of the interdisciplinary team to ensure that the patient plan of care is implemented and collaborates with necessary personnel to alter plan of care as needed.
2. Is cognizant of and maintains appropriate standards of infection control, safety and quality in the provision of patient care.
3. Adheres to facility core values of People, Excellence, Responsibility, Family, Empathy, Compassion, and Trust.
4. Effectively manages unit staff.
5. May be assigned to staff nurse role on occasion should operative schedule require additional personnel.
6. The above statements reflect the general duties considered necessary to describe the essential functions of this position as identified, and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the position.
Forest Park Medical Center Dallas - 2 years ago