The Director of Information Technology will oversee the development, implementation, and use of technology throughout the company, working closely with staff to assess and address internal and external client needs. Areas of responsibility include the full range of information systems and telecommunications activities, including determining user requirements, recommending practical solutions, and leading company-wide efforts to improve the effective use of technology.
This position will leverage business experience and technical skills to implement efficient growth strategies. With oversight from the executive management team, this person will drive a department which executes on a level reflective of the sensitive & “big data” nature of our business.
- Manage the deployment, monitoring, maintenance, development, upgrade, and support of all IT systems, including servers, PCs, operating systems, telephones, software applications, and peripherals.
- Provide expertise and support during systems upgrades, installations, conversions, and file maintenance.
- Oversee systems development and enhancement and the integration of new systems with existing systems.
- Work with staff to develop strategies and plans to enhance client services, improve user effectiveness, and foster innovation.
- Communicate regularly with executive management and all users of information services and systems.
- Manage IT staff, including hiring, training, evaluation, guidance, discipline and discharge.
- Develop the IT staff to meet the changing needs of users, groups and offices; new projects and technologies; and varying staff strengths.
- Develop standard operating procedures and best practices, including providing written protocols and guidance to IT staff and to end-users.
- Ensure the creation and maintenance of all written documentation, including system and user manuals, license agreements, and documentation of modifications and upgrades.
- Oversee provision of end-user services, including help desk and technical support services.
- Keep current with the latest technologies and determine what new technology solutions and implementations will meet business and system requirements.
- Manage financial aspects of the IT Division, including purchasing, budgeting, and budget review.
- Develop and implement all IT policies and procedures, including those for architecture, security, disaster recovery, standards, purchasing, and service provision.
- Manage servers, security solutions, network hardware and equipment.
- Manage telecommunications infrastructure and development plans, projects, policies and procedures.
- Negotiate and administer vendor, outsourcer, and consultant contracts and service agreements.
- Coordinate and/or perform additions and changes to network hardware and operating systems, and attached devices (e.g., routers, bridges, CSU/DSUs, backup devices, repeaters, modems); includes investigation, analysis, recommendation, configuration, installation, and testing of new network hardware and software.
- Provide direct support in the day-to-day operations on network hardware and operating systems; duties include evaluation of system utilization, monitoring response time and primary support for detection and correction of operational problems.
- Troubleshoot at the physical level of the network, working with network measurement hardware and software, as well as physical checking and testing of hardware devices; at the logical level working with communication protocols such as X.25, 802.3, T- 1 and TCP/IP standards.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related technical field or commensurate work experience, with advanced technical or managerial credentials, including PMP, CISM, strongly preferred
- 8+ years of progressive experience in IT industry, including multi office, multi colo environments.
- 8+ years of experience with hardware and software installation and maintenance, in a PC/LAN-WAN environment
- Extensive experience with Microsoft Windows Operating Systems & general networking concepts as well as virtual technologies.
- Experience in .NET, C#, or other programming languages.
- Experience with parsing and scripting languages such as Perl, VBscript, etc.
- Ability to diagnose and resolve complex communication problems.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- MS Certification (MCSE, MCSA, etc).
- Experience with VMWare, Hyper-V, Cisco, Powershell.
Modus - 13 months ago
Modus is an eDiscovery services provider. Some of the world’s largest corporations and AMLAW 200 law firms trust Modus to solve tough...