The Technology and Networking Specialist will oversee the development, implementation, and use of technology throughout the company, working closely with staff to assess and address internal and external client needs. Areas of responsibility include the full range of information systems and telecommunications activities, including determining user requirements, recommending practical solutions, and leading company-wide efforts to improve the effective use of technology.
- Provide technical assistance and support for issues related to computer systems, software and hardware.
- Set up equipment for users, performing or ensuring proper installation of cable, operating systems, and appropriate software.
- Install and perform repairs to hardware, software and peripheral equipment.
- Monitor system performance and implements performance tuning.
- Manage telephony equipment and other network appliances.
- Effective asset management, including maintenance of network component inventory and related documentation and technical specifications.
- Secure network system by establishing and enforcing policies and defining and monitoring access,
- Support administration of servers and virtualization with hyper-v and VMware.
- Manage system backups, restores and replication
- Working knowledge of SAN/NAS storage solutions.
- Create and maintain documentation as it relates to network configuration, network mapping, processes, and service records.
- Communicate regularly with executive management and all users of information services and systems.
- Keep current with the latest technologies and determine what new technology solutions and implementations will meet business and system requirements.
- CompTIA Certification (A+, Network+, etc)
- Cisco Certification (CCNA, CCNP, etc)
- MS Certification (MCSE, MCSA, etc).
- Experience with VMWare, Hyper-V, VoIP technologies, Cisco, Powershell
- SAN vendor experience (EMC, Nimbus, Compellent, Dell, etc)
- Associate’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related technical field or commensurate work experience.
- 5+ years of progressive experience in IT industry, including multi office, multi colo environments.
- 3+ years of experience with hardware and software installation and maintenance, in a PC/LAN-WAN environment
- Experience with Active Directory, Group Policy, Local & Roaming User Profiles
- DHCP, DNS, Active Sync expertise
- VPN Client management (Cisco, Sonicwall, etc)
- Office 365
- Extensive experience with Microsoft Windows Operating Systems & general networking concepts
- Ability to diagnose and resolve complex communication problems
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Abilit to prioritize and manage multiple requests simultaneously
Modus - 6 months ago
Modus is an eDiscovery services provider. Some of the world’s largest corporations and AMLAW 200 law firms trust Modus to solve tough...