Healing the healthcare system starts with you. It starts with the chain of events you initiate when you work with McKesson Health Solutions - a chain that extends across the country and results in millions of people getting more from their healthcare.
Healthcare payors and providers consistently turn to McKesson Health Solutions for innovative products and services. Every day, hundreds of organizations from government agencies to hospitals count on us. We partner with the top 25 payor organizations, more than 90 percent of Blue Cross Blue Shield organizations, over 3,000 hospitals and many others - in fact, our solutions touch more than 160 million lives. Our unrivaled clinical integrity, broad product and service offerings and largest client base in the industry mean we're able to collaborate on the most pressing, complex business issues in healthcare. At McKesson Health Solutions, we're working to improve the healthcare system one partner at a time.
Director of Technical Consulting - Healthcare IT
The Director of Technical Consulting will serve as the technical architect partnering deeply with the customer, project management and implementation consults, to decide how best to leverage and implement our product sets, justify the need for new technologies, and optimize technology to deliver on a highly dynamic business.
The person will lead a team of implementation engineers and business system analysts and help them develop their skill sets and knowledge base. This person must be a hands-on manager and is expected to ensure code compliance, assess security and risk profiles, as well as reliability and scalability.
This person will be a tactician and work with project manager to set the engineers and BSAs workload and timelines. The individual will partner with business clients to direct and steer sound solutions. They will meet with business Project Managers and manage project intake, scheduling, and completion.
They should possess a strong awareness of emerging technologies and have the ability to justify strategic adoptions. This is an exciting fast-paced environment that requires flexibility and creative and technically sound solutions as well as strong interpersonal skills.
This position is located in our Newton, MA office. It is not a remote position.
Ownership of all technical aspects of implementations to include:
Ownership of development and maintenance of technical process, metrics and reporting to include:
- Responsible for managing technical aspects of the software implementation process for Clear Coverage and InterQual Review Manager.
- Assign technical resources to new and existing customers.
- Work with Director of Project Management to support completion of projects and to ensure compliance with technical processes.
- Address technical escalations, whether internal or from a customer.
- Ensure that Technical Consultants and Business Systems Analysts complete tasks, communicate status, and set appropriate expectations with customers and team members 30%
Ownership of technical project risk mitigation:
- Implement supporting processes for the technical validation of complex solutions integrating with third-party products.
- Manage the resources and budget for the department
- Track and report on key metrics
- Drive technical project designs, standards and processes – from project strategy down to implementation details
- Develop and drive best practices and continually assess process improvement opportunities to ensure better, faster and cheaper delivery of our product implementations.
- Ensure entry and review of project time using Clarity 20%
People and departmental management responsibilities:
- Support staff and remove barriers to successful work completion
- Ensure timely progress and resolution of issues reported by customers
- Ensure issues that have been resolved are communicated, escalated and process improvements are made to mitigate similar issues going forward
- Ensure employee compliance with project processes, controls, artifacts
- Address and resolve technical escalations by customers and internally 25%
Support sales activities as needed 10%
- Develop effective working relationships with multiple department leads (sales, account management, project management, product management, technology/development) to support successful customer and implementation excellence; Ability to work as a team player to ensure that this solution integrates with other capabilities and meets the needs of customers.
- Provide technical expertise to technical team and to customers
- Accurately scope and estimate technical implementation work
- Support, mentor and performance manage team of technical consultants and business system analysts on multiple implementation projects of various sizes 15%
6+ years experience in project management, requirements definition and/ or deployment of business requirements to information systems including 5+ years managerial experience.
- 5+ years experience implementing software in a customer-facing technical role
- 3+ yrs experience effectively managing people
- Proven leadership capability at the senior manager and/or Director level with the ability to lead a multifunctional team
- Experience working through all phases of implementation from pre-engagement through go-live
- Experience with and understanding of SaaS / hosted software applications
- Excellent organizational skills; ability to work on multiple projects with diverse working groups
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Active listening and diplomacy skills
- Effective management techniques
- Strong analytical and decision making skills
- Ability to work well within a fast-paced, team-oriented environment
- Willingness and ability to travel as required
- Proficient in MS Office: MS Project, MS Visio, MS Word, MS Excel
- Experience in healthcare
- Understanding of business process management, business intelligence, utilization review, case management, managed care, and/or quality assurance a plus
4-year degree in computer science or related field or equivalent experience
General Office Demands
Travel up to 25%
We believe you should be rewarded for the important work you do. For that reason, you'll receive a competitive compensation and benefits package when you join our team.
It starts with you. That's a simple sentence but it says a lot. It reminds each one of us that what we do matters. Every single McKesson employee contributes to our mission - whatever your title, whatever your role, you act as a catalyst in a chain of events that helps millions of people all over the globe. By connecting and improving the business of healthcare, we're helping to ensure that millions of patients get the treatment they need. And by choosing a career with McKesson Health Solutions, you'll join a team of passionate people working together to improve lives and advance healthcare.
At McKesson, we believe we can empower healthcare. And it all starts with you.
As an equal opportunity employer, McKesson Corporation unites the talents and contributions of all to advance the power of healthcare. Learn more about our opportunities at mckesson.com/careers
No agencies please.
McKesson moves medicine. As a top pharmaceuticals distributor in North America, McKesson delivers prescription and generic drugs, as well as...