Fannie Mae exists to expand affordable housing and bring global capital to local communities in order to serve the U.S. housing market. Today, our focus is on preventing foreclosures, making mortgages and rental housing as affordable as possible, and supporting the housing recovery. We are rapidly building and realigning our company to better serve the market as we support the Administration's Homeowner Affordability and Stability Plan.
Join our dedicated, diverse, high-performing workforce and put your unique talents to good use as we work with our partners to advance our nation's housing recovery.
For more information about Fannie Mae and our career opportunities, visit www.fanniemae.com.
Plans, directs and manages one or more major functions and/or programs within the technology organization to ensure its effective operation in line with goals and objectives. Provides leadership across cross-functional teams. Actively contributes to long-range strategy planning and develops and implements the policies, procedures and systems required for maintaining and developing the overall technology strategy and goals. Plan, document, and manage the performance of subordinate managers and/or staff.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Work closely with the development teams and business partners, lead, manage, and own the software engineering activity for several workstreams within a major set of transformation initiatives in Fannie Mae's customer engagement portfolio, specifically related to underwriting and loan acquisition processing activity.
- Develop and implement, and ensure a robust software development and performance engineering discipline across the project portfolio. Ensure implementation of industry best engineering practices related to continuous integration, application performance and transaction monitoring, automated testing, and failover/recovery for applications required to be 'always on'.
- Understand and develop functional needs for the enterprise; designing and implementing the optimal mix of system components (off the shelf & custom built) to support the functional needs; managing the system development/enhancement lifecycle from business and systems requirements analysis through development; testing, quality assurance, post-deployment support. In addition, manage a portfolio of internal technology controls around business processes, systems, and data.
- Lead development and define roles & responsibilities for developing high quality software in a hybrid employee/multi-vendor environment. This will include developing and managing metrics based quality oversight practices for vendor and staff deliverables. Implement robust continuous improvement practices to improve the predictability and quality of production platforms.
- Participate with peers and enterprise architects in the development and roadmap planning for target state loan acquisitions architecture.
- Responsible for the development of best practices and guidelines for existing or new technologies within responsible area(s). Researches and selects vendors regarding the development of technical solutions, as needed, in conjunction with executive management.
- Plan, document, and manage the performance of subordinate managers and/or staff. Conduct talent management activities including mentoring, training, or providing technical growth opportunities.
- Bachelor's or Advanced degree or equivalent experience
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- 8 years of related experience
- 7-10 years Engineering experience
- 5-7 years of both application and enterprise architecture
- 3-5 years ITIL, COBit experience
- 5-7 years Agile, Continuous integration, and lead development experience
- Proven track record to team successfully across peer group and lead individual contributors in a structured but motivational way
- Ability to successfully balance senior leadership expectations with the workload of the team
- Excellent communication skills to both team and senior leadership
- Proven track record for quality improvement, complexity reduction, streamlining process and industrialized software utilization
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to pass a pre-employment drug screen and to successfully complete a background investigation, which may also include a credit check for positions in some areas of our business.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We are looking for employees who are intent on helping us achieve something remarkable. Since 2009, we have made tremendous progress in...