Director of Transformation, R&D Strategy and Effectiveness
Global Transformation Finance
The Transformation of R&D is one of the primary objectives of the Global Transformation team at GLOBALFOUNDRIES. In this role the Director of Transformation will use his industry insights and experience to creatively problem solve and propose R&D strategies and efficiency solutions to promote business growth while maintaining R&D spend at current levels.
Director R&D Strategy and Effectiveness
In this role you will establish yourself as a trusted strategist and business partner to the VPs of R&D and their staffs. You will act as business partner and constructive challenger, helping drive sound financial decisions, analysis and support of key strategies and investments, driving the process improvements across functional lines, and moving the R&D team to the next level of performance. You will provide decision support on key corporate strategies, partnerships, alliances and contractual agreements; linking the vision and execution processes for R&D with profitability initiatives.
Transformation is a collaborative process; the key will be to partner with the senior leaders to vision how effective development should work, help the team complete assessments of how things are working and align the action plan to drive for attaining the vision. You will be tested to come up with break through solutions which leverage the industry, supply chain and historical partnerships to close the gap by providing better systems, tools, processes and leveraged solutions.
- Deep understanding and experience managing Semiconductor process technology research and process development in a foundry or IDM environment.
- Ability to work strategically and in partnership with the VP of R&D to analyze, evaluate and assess the impacts of key strategies and partnerships. Ability to form effective relationships with the business and be viewed as the go-to person by leadership and employees
- Ability to lead globally and a prioritize among numerous stakeholders to drive results
- Assess and drive improvements in R&D effectiveness and efficiency.
- Lead team that provides insightful analysis in support of decision making.
- Develop detailed analyses supporting investment decisions regarding current and proposed alternative product development options and R&D program costs
- Develop standard process and approach for analysis and approval of multi-year R&D engagements
- Preparation of presentations/analyses for senior management
- Use and further development of existing tools and systems
- Manage a team of high potential, senior analysts
- PhD in physical science or engineering discipline, MBA a plus
- 15+ years Process technology development experience, at least 5 years of which in a management or senior management role.
- Relevant experience in setting and executing strategy including building complex partnerships and collaborative industry or supply chain initiatives.
- Demonstrated analytic, interpersonal and leadership skills, solid understanding of Semiconductor industry model
- Demonstrated ability to influence decision makers and guide outcomes including multi- and diverse stakeholder processes.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to work in a fast pace, high-growth environment
GLOBALFOUNDRIES offers a broad range of manufacturing capabilities, from the very leading edge of process technology to more mature,...