Explorer Insurance, a member of ICW Group, is looking for a Director of Underwriting for our team! This person will promote the profitability of Explorer's book of business by insuring adherence to and compliance with Explorer's underwriting guidelines overseeing all underwriting, customer service and policy processing functions as well as ensuring the quality of the book of business by monitoring trends and goals, providing advice to Product Management to aid in the development or modification of pricing, and lead the development of underwriting policies and guidelines
- Establish and maintain underwriting policy in support of corporate objectives. ·Develop, institute and maintain productivity and quality standards through audit and other review mechanisms to insure compliance with policies, procedures and objectives.
- Lead the identification of Underwriting and Customer Service improvement opportunities, and lead the development of innovative methods of realizing those opportunities.
- Communicate effectively within Underwriting, within Explorer, and externally with both producers and policyholders.
- Demonstrate a commitment to service quality exceptional enough to differentiate Explorer from its competitors. ·Participate in the development of new, or enhancement of existing, products and programs.
- Participate in making rate revision recommendations including the development and implementation of the communications plan associated with rate revisions as well as communications to project team members, appropriate Explorer staff, producers, and policyholders.
- Insure regulatory compliance through a clear understanding of and research into insurance regulations and laws.
- Select, develop and motivate Underwriting management team, and oversee the recruiting, hiring, training and performance management of all Underwriting personnel. Foster a working environment that embraces improvement through change.
Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from a four-year college or university . Minimum of five (5) years of increasingly responsible management of a team of automobile insurance underwriters. California non-standard auto insurance underwriting experience highly preferred. Direct experience with the delivery of automobile insurance policy services, such as processing endorsements and responding to billing or policy status inquiries, to consumers and independent insurance agents through a call center. Thorough understanding of statutes and regulations governing the quoting, sales, binding, issuance, endorsing, servicing, and cancellation of California automobile insurance policies. Familiarity with the non-standard auto insurance marketplace in California, including knowledge of the programs offered by the top ten market share companies as well as the independent agent and broker community in California engaged in the sale of non-standard automobile insurance policies to consumers. This job has originated from a member site of TheJobNetwork - TheJobNetwork. Category: Insurance, Keywords: Full Time, Location: SANTA CLARITA, CA - 91350