Yusen Logistics (Americas) Inc. provides the business advantage to some of the world’s largest retailers, auto manufactures, consumer electronics companies and more. Our services ensure that our customer goods move from production through the supply chain to the end user. Offering air and ocean freight forwarding, global warehousing, transportation, reverse logistics, surface transportation and supply chain solutions, we perform a key role in keeping world trade moving. Globally Yusen Logistics employs over 17,000 staff across 412 offices.
As part of the NYK Group established in 1885, one of the world’s most recognized and trusted names in shipping and logistics, Yusen Logistics is consistently recognized as one of the most ethical and sustainable companies
Functions as the Director/ General Manager of a high-volume transload/ warehouse facility with multiple accounts. Serves as one of the primary contacts for customers who are serviced by the facility overseen. Also, aids the VP and SVP in formulating and administering organizational policies and initiatives through the following duties, either directly or through subordinate managers. The ideal candidate for this role will possess exceptional organizational and leadership skills and a proven track record of developing talent for growth opportunities within an organization.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Contributes to the formulating and administering of company policies, budgets and developing long-range strategies, goals and objectives.
· Responsible for P&L for $15M operation including preparation of short & long term plans and budgets based on Division goals and growth objectives.
· Reviews analyses of activities, costs, operations, WM systems, and forecast data to determine facility or division progress toward stated goals and objectives.
· Confers with executive management staff to review achievements and discuss required changes in goals or objectives resulting from current status and conditions.
· Prepares short & long term plans and budgets based on Division goals and growth objectives.
· Develops and implements procedures and controls that promote communication and adequate information flow.
· Ensures that all warehouse operations are carried out in compliance with local, state and federal regulations and laws governing business operations.
· Reviews all warehouse equipment purchases and leasing contracts.
· Creates an atmosphere that promotes employee involvement. Communicates regularly with facility management and employees.
· Conducts performance evaluations and recommends promotion, wage increases and other performance related actions such as verbal and written counseling notices, discipline, and termination of employment.
· Establishes and frequently reviews developmental action plans that promote positive growth for the individual and strengthens succession planning initiatives.
· Responsible for cultivating and maintaining the customer relationship. Frequently interacts with customer to ensure satisfaction of customer requirements and requests.
· Reviews facility Safety performance and provides appropriate leadership to ensure continuous focus and improvement.
· Fosters environment of continuous improvement utilizing Kaizen principles.
Responsible for the direction of an exempt staff who will supervise a mixture of company employees and temporary hourly associates. Provides the overall direction and coordination, of these units. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training new exempt employees; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining exempt staff; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Competencies, Working Skills and Attributes:
Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions.
Business Acumen – Understands business implications and decisions; Displays orientation to profitability; Demonstrates knowledge of market and competition; Aligns work with strategic goals to execute world class operations.
Ethics – Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
Strategic Thinking – Develops strategies to achieve organizational goals; Understands organization’s strengths & weaknesses; Adapts strategy to changing conditions and to strengthen customer relationships.
Judgment – Ability to make timely decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment.
Education and Experience: Minimum of Bachelor’s degree (B.A./B.S.) from four-year college or university. At least ten (10) years of logistics experience at the management level. Previous experience in 3PL is highly desirable.
Employment with Yusen Logistics (Americas) Inc. comes with competitive pay and an excellent benefits package including paid vacations, holidays and sick time. Insurance benefits include medical, prescription, dental, and vision coverage for employees and dependents. The company also provides short term and long term disability, group life insurance, and AD&D. Additionally there is a generous 401K savings plan and Flexible Spending Account (FSA) benefit. We offer company-paid skills training, as well as a Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance program and career and advancement opportunities