5 plus years experience
Rydal Park, a continuing care retirement community, located in Jenkintown, PA, is seeking a Director of Wellness.
Responsible for directing appropriate intervention programs and strategies for the physical, mental and social changes of residents and developing, planning and implementing site programs; Coordinates In-service training for existing and new employees, including all required programs; Development and implementation of departmental policies and procedures; Providing leadership, and overseeing work within the designated departments throughout the community; Communicates and coordinates job tasks with other departments and site managers; Providing routine status reports to management.
1. Manages assessment and care services of residents:
a. Maintains knowledge of current status of residents through close communication with staff regarding resident current and future needs.
b. Fosters supporting services within existing levels of care that promote and encourage the highest level of function and independence.
c. Coordinates and monitors intervention of residents needs based upon close physical, social and/or mental assessment and assists to coordinate services to meet the health needs of residents; including ancillary support services, i.e. companion and/or home services.
d. Provides oversight of ancillary services for AL residents.
2. Manages and ensures the smooth operation of Wellness Services, Fitness Services, and Pharmacy including;
a. Work with other departments as needed to ensure appropriate delivery of resident care and services.
b. Prepares and maintains assigned departmental budgets.
c. Conducts necessary personnel functions including employment training, performance evaluations and disciplinary actions when appropriate; apply personnel policies to facts concerning job actions without discrimination.
3. Coordinates with Community Team Leaders to develop a needs assessment tool for department employees and plans annual schedule of in-service programs based on results.
4. Provides yearly Medication Administration Training to staff of Personal Care and/or Wellness Center, depending on staffing need
5. Provides CPR training for interested staff within the community. This includes CPR with AED, First Aid, and infant CPR.
6. Coordinates and presents new employee orientation data as needed or assigned.
7. Coordinates and presents in-service training sessions on all required in-service programs as well as specific topics as needed, including implementation of new policies and procedures.
8. Coordinates in-services programs with sensitivity to staff schedules to help ensure employee participation.
9. Provides feedback and examples of employees’ strengths and opportunities for development to supervisors and provides coaching to supervisors to enable them to share performance feedback with staff.
10. Keeps supervisor informed of any potential clinical and/or performance issues with staff and on development plans.
1. Maintains current professional knowledge.
2. Participates in all required in-service training programs and required meetings, regardless of personal role in developing or coordinating program presentation.
3. Provides direct resident care as needed or assigned.
4. Performs tasks related to or supporting the essential functions of the job, including those which may be changed depending upon circumstances of the job and resident care needs.
Education/Training: Graduate of an approved school of nursing; current Pennsylvania license to practice as a Registered Nurse.
Skills: Proficient skills with interpersonal relations and communications, both verbal and written. Demonstrated management and supervisory skills; decision-making skills; proficient critical thinking and resident and operational assessment skills; thorough knowledge of drug interactions, side effects and incompatibilities. Also requires strong knowledge of current federal and state regulations and standards of care. Instructor proficiency; current CPR and first aid certifications; (or eligibility and pursuit of certification); proficient computer skills; satisfactory completion of post-offer, pre-employment physical; ability to stand, kneel, stoop, climb, push and pull items 50lbs or less.
Experience: Two years experience in a nursing management position preferred in a geriatric setting; personnel management; development and presentation of nursing in-service training programs.
Presby's Inspired Life is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Presby's Inspired Life
- 2 years ago - save job