VIP is looking for a Director with proven success to join our team in our Alexandria, VA office. The candidate will oversee a business area including Federal Agencies such as the Department of Justice and the Department of the Treasury. This individual will be responsible for overall operations and growth of these accounts. In addition, this candidate will be responsible for growth in other Federal agencies. This position will be part of the Federal leadership team for the company.The Director will be responsible for:
- Managing business relationship between VIP and its valued customers.
- Responsible for financial and technical management of customer programs.
- Ensuring program deliverables and performance objectives are met.
- Tracking programs' accomplishments and successes and elevating issues that require intervention to achieve resolution to VIP executive management and the customer if necessary.
- Providing training, mentorship, and support to VIP personnel.
- Managing and monitoring performance of VIP program employees.
- Managing and monitoring performance of VIP program subcontractors and vendors.
- Ensuring appropriate staff is in place to support current and projected program workload and appropriate workforce skills and certifications to support customer requirements.
- Exercising sound professional judgment in all situations.
- Providing proactive thought leadership and recommendations to VIP executive leadership, peers, and to customers in support of VIP and customer program goals and objectives.
- Enforcing and encouraging compliance with VIP and customer policies, procedures, and standards.
Additional duties and responsibilities may include supporting internal VIP initiatives and other duties proportionate with a leadership role. Additional duties and responsibilities may be assigned by the Chief Operating Officer, Federal Programs, and any member of VIP's executive team or the CEO.
- Ten(10) or more years' experience managing contracts and personnel in a Federal contracting environment.
- Must have previous experience within the Federal market
- Secret Security clearance or ability to receive one.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- High proficiency with Microsoft Office applications - specifically Word, Excel, and MS Project.
- Basic knowledge and understanding of equal opportunity employment law.
- Must have a minimum Bachelor's or Master's in IT, government, or related field.
******All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or national origin. EOE/F/M/DV. We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program.********
- Fifteen (15) or more years' experience managing contracts and personnel in a federal contracting environment.
- Current PMO certification
- Top Secret Security Clearance with polygraph and SCI.
- 22 months ago - save job