The Senior Disaster Recovery Coordinator will lead the development, implementation and maintenance of disaster recovery plans to insure continuation of critical operations in the event of a disaster or interruption.
The responsibilities of this position may require on-call time or work outside normal business hours.
- Leads and coordinates all activities required in disaster recovery planning process, including continuity planning, recovery support and systems recovery.
- Facilitates risk assessments, business impact analysis and gap analysis. Uses information to provide appropriate recommendations for DR plan.
- Facilitates the development and maintenance of disaster recovery plans. Guides business in determining recovery objectives, providing best practices and appropriate DR strategy.
- Coordinates the testing of disaster recovery plans. Analyzes and reports on test results and recommends appropriate changes to DR Plan. Ensures identified issues are resolved.
- Develops disaster recovery scenarios and contingency plans for computing environment. Coordinates and manages all activities during disaster recovery process.
- Develops and designs disaster recovery plans, tests and exercises. Evaluates plans to ensure they cover all potential events.
- Coordinates the execution of exercise strategies, test scorecards, and reports
- Designs, delivers and maintains the ITG Crisis Response Plan.
- Serves as subject matter expert in evaluating and selecting disaster recovery tools, equipment and alternative recovery sites.
- Researches and recommends emerging tools used for business continuity / disaster recovery.
- Works with vendors of disaster recovery services and facilities to understand their recovery capabilities.
- Conducts research and makes recommendations for alternate recovery sites and strategies.
- Coordinates with key vendors to understand DR plans, strategies & potential impact to CG business.
- Makes recommendations for policy/procedure updates and changes based on knowledge of current audit and regulatory policies and industry best practices.
- Develops and maintains policies and standards for disaster recovery.
- Develops and maintains the disaster recovery strategic vision and plan.
- Maintains an understanding of current audit and regulatory policies that pertain to business continuity /disaster recovery.
- Participates in IT crisis response.
- Executes the ITG Crisis Response Plan at time of event.
- Executes ITG BC/DR crisis response exercises.
5-10 years experience with Disaster Recovery in an enterprise environment.
Proven project management skills.
Risk analysis experience.
Disaster Recovery planning and educational awareness experience.
Formal presentation skills.
Ability to work on a highly collaborative team.
Broad technical skills and knowledge.
Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Strong leadership and management background.
Background in DR architecture design.
Background in such technologies as storage management or network.
Relevant certifications a plus.
Capital Group Companies - 13 months ago
The Capital Group Companies, founded in 1931, has built a business being a steady Eddy for its clients. As a rule, the investment firm...