Responsible for coordinating advance arrangements and procedures to ensure the Lifetime Healthcare Companies (LTHC) can respond to a critical business function interruption within a defined time frame. Responsibilities include the design, development, maintenance, and exercise of the overall Disaster Recovery Plans for each critical area of the organization. These Disaster Recovery Plans must address three major elements of the recovery process:
1) Emergency Response organization and procedures for reacting to and coordinating the recovery efforts;
2) Restoration of critical business functions; and
3) Resumption of ‘Normal Business’ following a disaster which includes setting goals, developing project plans, reviewing subsidiary plans, and coordinating the Disaster Recovery / Business Continuity tests.
* This is a single incumbent position.
• Educates new IT staff and provides skill transfer to recovery team members.
• Develops and coordinates a methodology for conducting periodic Business Impact Analysis (BIA). Works with the business units to determine their critical business processes required during a disaster, identify acceptable recovery time frames, and establish resources and application systems required.
• Performs risk analysis for IT functional areas to identify points of vulnerability and recommends disaster avoidance and reduction strategies.
• Develops Lifetime Health Care Companies (LTHC) Standards for data backup, performs gap analysis and recommends solutions.
• Develops Disaster Recovery Strategy for all of the Lifetime Healthcare Companies.
• Assures Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery plans, along with any additional records required for recovery are identified and properly maintained in the disaster recovery software system.
• Provides guidance to and coordinates the efforts of staff members in the development of recovery procedures for key areas of the organization.
• Manages and facilitates the successful completion of two Disaster Recovery hot-site tests per calendar year. This includes planning, documentation, implementation, and reporting on the business functions included in the tests along with direction to 60-80 Lifetime Health Care Companies (LTHC) team members for the execution of the test.
• Assists with facilitation of the annual Simulation Business Continuity Test.
• Provides Disaster Recovery information and documentation as requested for Audit, Regulatory Compliance, and the Board of Directors.
• Consistently demonstrates high standards of integrity by supporting the Lifetime Healthcare Companies’ mission and values and adhering to the Corporate Code of Conduct.
• Maintains high regard for member privacy in accordance with the corporate privacy policies and procedures.
• Regular and reliable attendance is expected and required.
• Performs other functions as assigned by management.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related area with a minimum of five years of hands-on experience as a Business Continuity/Disaster Recovery specialist for large corporations of 7,000 or more employees.
• Information Technology experience of 5 years or more. Experience must include the ability to perform multiple tasks, strong organization and prioritization skills, strong written and verbal communication, teamwork, project management, problem solving, and analysis skills.
• Certified Business Continuity Planner (CBCP) or Certified Disaster Recovery Planner (CDRP) accreditation required.
• Proven knowledge of current disaster recovery planning techniques and technologies as well as the methods used in performing risk analyses and business impact analyses.
• Experience must also include the ability to interface with managers and staff at all levels within the organization and to deal with vendors, storage facilities, and disaster recovery services.
• Knowledge of mainframe hardware and operating system, network telecommunications, server based (Intel/UNIX/LINUX) systems and software applications.
• Knowledge of current data backup and recovery concepts.
This position is on call 24 x 7. Travel for Disaster Recovery Testing and BCP activities and to other divisions within the organization is required.
In support of the Americans with Disabilities Act, this job description lists only those responsibilities and qualifications deemed essential to the position.
Equal Opportunity Employer