Discovery Business Analyst
Legal Department – Litigation – Legal Discovery Management - Discovery Business Analyst
The Legal Department is responsible for the provision of legal services to the firm and also includes the Office of the Secretary.
The global department consists of approximately 1,700 employees with an internal operating budget of nearly $500 million and a
n annual outside counsel and vendor spend within the lines of business (LOB) of $1.1 billion.
The Discovery Business Analyst will be part of a project management team that coordinates discovery for the Mortgage Backed securities matters.
The Discovery Business Analyst will be responsible for key reports, metrics and analyses that are required to manage the discovery process.
The Business Analyst will assist the Program Manager with the development of presentation materials, documentation and financial forecasting.
- Develop presentation materials for senior management.
- Assist program manager with discovery financial forecasting.
- Manage inventory of MBS custodian reports for the program.
- Develop subject matter expertise on interpretation of key MBS discovery metrics.
- Conduct gap analysis on metadata as a quality control measure for case management.
- Review vendor custodian reports as a quality control measure for case management.
- Automate and improve case management processes to increase departmental efficiency.
- Engage in special projects for MBS matters as required.
- 2- 3+ years of experience, preferably at a financial institution.
- Excellent Excel, Powerpoint skills.
SQL and VBA experience preferred.
- Clear and concise written and oral communication skills.
- Self-starter; must be comfortable working independently with minimal supervision.
- Highly flexible, ability to respond to shifting priorities.
- Intellectual rigor, high levels of self-motivation and emotional intelligence.
- Advanced analytical skills, problem solving and good critical thinking skills.
- Highly organized, extremely detail and control orientated.
- Bachelor’s Degree required, preferably in quantitative field.
- Prior discovery experience is not necessary but must have a desire to learn quickly.
US-NY-New York-1 CMP / 03425
At JPMorgan Chase, the work we do matters. All of us are committed to putting our resources and our voices to work every day for our...