The Discovery Coordinator position is in the Troutman Sanders eMerge group and will provide assistance to Discovery Project Managers and Senior Project Managers with coordinating the eDiscovery process including document collection, review, production, and deposition preparation. Deposition preparation includes supervising project (contract) attorneys, coordinating with case teams to ensure review, production and deposition/trial preparation is consistent with overall case strategy and deadlines, and coordinating with technology team to ensure effective and accurate handling of eDiscovery.
The successful candidate must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Work with case teams to identify scope of review and criteria for production, including coding of documents for privilege, key issues, and/or confidentiality.
• Daily oversight of Project Attorneys in document reviews including, but not limited to, scheduling work, assigning documents for review, addressing facilities and technical needs etc.
• Coordinate training of review team including preparation of training materials, training on use of review tools, substantive case specifics and review work-flows.
• Train associates, partners, clients, and contract reviewers on effective use of document review tools, including conducting targeted searches, establishing efficient work-flows, and exporting documents for production and/or depositions.
• Conduct searches to isolate non relevant documents from review, and conduct targeted searches to identify specific or key documents related to the case.
• Organize and track all review assignments and provide individualized support and guidance to project attorneys as required.
• Coordinate and track collection of documents for use at depositions, trials, and in support of briefing (run searches, gather and organize documents for the case team).
• Track review progress, deposition schedules, and special projects to meet case deadlines.
• Review and analyze documents for production, editing and updating privilege logs, and respond to Project Attorney requests regarding same.
• Run reports to identify search terms, track status of review, and other workflow related tasks.
Education and/or Experience:
Graduation from a four-year college or university with a bachelor’s degree preferred, plus related work experience as required to meet firm business needs, or any combination of experience and education that demonstrates the ability to perform the job. Experience with Relativity, Excel, and other database applications preferred.
[Under exceptional circumstances the firm may substitute significant, relevant work experience for educational requirements.]
The statements contained in this position description are not necessarily all-inclusive, additional duties and responsibilities may be assigned and requirements may vary from time to time.
If interested in applying for this opportunity, please click “apply online” at the end of this page. EOE
Troutman Sanders LLP - 18 months ago
Troutman Sanders LLP is one of Atlanta's largest law firms, has more than 40 attorneys dedicated to health care and/or employee benefits...