Job Posting |
Covance is currently seeking a Study Technician for the Discovery IVP-Cardio Metabolic Department.
As a Discovery Study Technician you will:
•Perform basic technician laboratory procedures, within assigned area, including but not limited to the following duties and responsibilities in compliance with appropriate SOP, Protocol, and Regulatory Agency guidelines.
• Report all animal care concerns and becomes involved in resolution and appropriate corrective action, when necessary
• Ensures that studies are conducted according to protocol, standard operating procedure documents, and government regulations
• Basic understanding of good research practice (GRP) principles
• Perform a data review of study materials with minimal quality control (QC) findings and understands the level of a quality assurance (QA) audit
• Maintains client confidentiality at all times
• Aware of inspection process, e.g., member of inspection team, inspection ready, correcting inspection findings
• May be involved in Process Excellence initiatives
• Effectively manage time and resources, e.g., equipment, rooms, feed, environmental requirements, study supplies
• May perform anesthesia/sedation
• Appropriately identifies animals(associated with assigned area)
• May be proficient in aseptic techniques (associated with assigned area)
• Knowledgeable in basic clinical signs (associated with assigned area)
• Perform basic measurements (associated with assigned area), e.g., body weight, food consumption, tumor size, body temp, behavioral, blood pressure, glucometer, QNMR, VCT, urine, feces
• Perform various bleeding techniques (associated with assigned species), e.g., tail clip, jugular, orbital, vena cava, aorta, femoral, cephalic, saphenous, dried blood spot, OGTT, STZ, cannula, cardiac
• Operate various data collection systems
• Perform various dosing techniques (associated with assigned area)
• Perform various methods of euthanasia (associated with assigned area)
• Handle animals and is knowledgeable in proper restraint methods
• Perform animal husbandry duties
• May perform non histological tissue collections (associated with assigned area)
• Appropriately verify gender of various species
• Become roficient in standard blood processing
• Perform other related duties as assigned
• Bachelor degree in Life Sciences, Associate degree in Laboratory Animal Technology or Associate degree in Veterinary Technology.
• An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education.
• Must be able to work in a laboratory setting with laboratory animals
• AALAS certification at the Assistant Laboratory Animal Technician level is preferred, but not required.
• Basic computer knowledge.
• Basic math skills.
• Ability to accurately read and record information.
Experience with laboratory animals preferred but not required.
Covance is committed to diversity in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. (M/F/D/V). Your confidentiality and privacy are important to us.
Covance - 6 months ago
Covance Inc. is a drug development services company providing a range of early-stage and late-stage product development services on a...