Disease & Case Management Operations Support Technician
Job ID: : 26026
Department: : Health Plan Case Mgmt
City: : Bloomington, MN
Location: : HP - Bloomington 8170 Office Bldg
Position Type: : Full-Time
Anticipated Work Schedule: : Monday through Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm
Hrs/Pay Period: : 80
Job Description: :
The culture at HealthPartners is one of ownership, pride, service, and most importantly, partnership. That spirit of partnership among employees, and with patients and the community is just one of the many reasons we were recently named one of the nation’s “Best Places to Work in Healthcare” by Modern Healthcare magazine. Join us for a career that offers respect, support and encouragement. You’ll stay for the power of partnership.
Our continued growth has created an opportunity for a Disease & Case Management Operations Support Technician. Service excellence is to be centered on patient care and patient relationships and is the responsibility of all employees. Teamwork is the norm and all employees will be held accountable to work as effective team members. The purpose of this position is to provide confidential administrative support to the department management and staff. The Operations Support Technician supports all departmental staff by performing a variety of duties. These support functions allow the patient medical support team to perform duties efficiently and effectively. The Operations Support Technician effectively uses GHI resources and redirects concerns to other departments or individuals as necessary.
- 60 wpm typing
- Medical Terminology
- High School diploma or GED
- Meets oneof the following:
- Two years post secondary education from a technical, business, or community college plus two years of customer service experience
- Four years experience working in a customer service position that included administrative support
- Three years experience with personal computer software including Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Visio, and Excel with demonstrated ability to create templates, forms, charts, graphs, formulas, and pivot tables
- Demonstrated independent problem-solving skills including researching and analyzing issues
- Demonstrated ability to independently set-up and ensure proper operation of equipment including, but not limited, to laptops, polycoms, and proximas
- Demonstrated telephone, written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to deal effectively with varying work loads
- Ability to deal effectively with varying stress levels and high pressure situations
- Ability to deal effectively with tight deadlines with a high degree of accuracy
- Demonstrated time management and priority setting skills in a fast-paced and complex working environment
- Ability to work independently and with a team as necessary
- Ability to quickly learn new applications
- Strong attention to detail
- Experience with CarePartner
- Experience using web-based applications
- Experience with CareCentral
- Experience with Epic
Ability to sit or stand for prolonged periods of time. A Minimal amount of manual dexterity, normal hearing and close visual perception are required. Must be able to speak, read and write English.
1. Responds to patient/member/provider/staff inquiries (telephone and in person) using necessary analytical and research skills to determine appropriate course of action and responds in a timely manner.
2. Creates and updates/maintains tools for all department staff including but not limited to dashboards, reports, forms, templates, and letters using a variety of applications.
3. Provides administrative support to supervisors (e.g. reporting, surveys, spreadsheets and forms, etc.).
4. Communicates with patients/members/facilities/external departments regarding Disease and Case Management services.
5. Utilizes medical management software to find, document, and store patient, member, provider, vendor, and staff information.
6. Completes assignments and duties in a timely manner and with a high level of accuracy.
7. Answers telephones, routes calls, and takes messages as needed.
8. Sorts and distributes mail.
9. Independently evaluates correspondence and directs appropriately.
10. Assists in filing and maintenance of documents and files.
11. Assists with computer data entry as requested.
12. Copies materials as needed.
13. Compiles information into a variety of formats and locations.
14. Uses external web-based applications as needed.
15. Creates and updates CarePartner Letters
16. Responsible for equipment set up for meetings including, but not limited to, laptops, proximas, and polycoms.
17. Assembles, coordinates, and submits Credentialing packets for InPatient nursing staff as needed.
18. Updates nursing licensure department database.
19. Serves as point of contact and generator for new employees or employees who are leaving regarding IS&T support requirements.
20. Processes Customer Satisfaction surveys (e.g. receives, logs, monitors, and reports).
21. Uploads and downloads files via web interfaces as needed.
22. Performs other related duties as delegated by supervisor.
HealthPartners, nationally acclaimed for providing outstanding patient care, offers a comprehensive benefits package. To see a complete job description and/or to apply for this position, please visit www.healthpartners.jobs, click on job opportunities and search for Job ID # 26026.
Health is what we do. Partnership is how we do it.
The largest consumer-governed, nonprofit health care organization in the nation, HealthPartners provides care, coverage, research and...