Dishwasher/Utility - Position is responsible for maintaining kitchen work areas, equipment and utensils.
In the performance of their respective tasks and duties all employees are expected to conform to the following:
• Perform quality work within deadlines with or without direct supervision.
• Interact professionally with other employees, customers and suppliers.
• Work effectively as a team contributor on all assignments.
• Work independently while understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating work efforts with other employees and organizations.
• Collects, sorts and washes dishes.
• Sweeps and mops kitchen floors.
• Washes worktables, walls, refrigerators, and large equipment.
• Distributes supplies, utensils and portable equipment.
• Complies with all sanitation, ServSafe and safety requirements.
• Segregates and removes trash and garbage and places it in designated containers.
• Assists in back dock organization and proper trash & waste receptacle treatment.
• Steam cleans or hoses out garbage cans.
• Transfers supplies, equipment and food between storage and work areas.
• Loads or unloads trucks picking up or delivering supplies and food.
• Set up banquet tables, chairs, etc.
• Assist with the set up of special events or additional kitchen spaces.
Note: Job duties are subject to change as needed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Ability to use time keeping system to properly record time worked for payroll processing.
• Ability to follow instructions from multiple managers, chefs, and supervisors.
• Ability to work in a group/team and function efficiently.
• Ability to follow all unit safety requirements.
• Posses the ability to meet Bon Appétit unit specific uniform standards for this position.
• Utilize all Personal Protective Equipment’s per Bon Appétit guidelines.
• Wear a cut resistance glove whenever using a sharp or potentially sharp tool or instrument.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to:
• Stand, talk or hear, and taste or smell.
• Walk; use hands or fingers, handle, or feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; reach with hands and arms.
• Frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include ability to adjust focus.
• Ability to read a limited number of two-and three syllable words and to recognize similarities and differences between words and between series of numbers.
• Ability to speak and comprehend simple sentences in English.
ACHIEVING LEADERSHIP IN THE FOODSERVICE INDUSTRY:
Bon Appétit is a diversity growth-oriented organization. Our goal is to improve the quality of work life by using fair and consistent treatment and providing equal growth opportunities for ALL associates. EOE & AA Employer M/F/D/V.
This position does not directly supervise anyone but is responsible for working in a team and completing task in a group setting.
Bon Appetit Mgmt Co - 22 months ago