Job title: Dishwasher
Department: Food & Beverage
FLSA status: Non-exempt
Reports to: Chef, Sous Chef, or Supervisor on duty
Inspired by a commitment to excellence, Shipmates at our Company* create unforgettable memories for our guests. The successful dishwasher efficiently cleans china and other wares, ably assists in food preparation and production, contributes to general galley operations including receiving and storing provisions, is hospitable and cordial to coworkers and guests, and acts safely and responsibly.
- Provide exceptional hospitality to coworkers and guests as prescribed in Our Service System (OSS).
- Operate dish machine; ensures all dishes are cleaned, organized, and stored appropriately
- Ensure that dishwasher is in proper working order; responsible for routine cleaning of equipment and refilling chemicals as needed.
- Test and document dish machine temperature and sanitizer daily.
- Stock supplies such as food and utensils in serving stations, cupboards, refrigerators, and buffets or food stations
- Receive and store food and supplies using proper food handling techniques including stock rotation and monitoring temperatures of perishable products
- Assist in routine cleaning of galley including daily cleaning of equipment and implements, sanitizing food preparation surfaces, and mopping floors
- Maintain safety and cleanliness of galley and service areas; sweep and scrub floors, clean garbage cans with water, sort and remove trash – placing it in designated pickup areas
- Be prepared to begin work at scheduled time.
- Maintain uniform and personal grooming in compliance with appearance standards
- Other duties as assigned by the manager or supervisor on duty.
The successful Dishwasher will enable professional and efficient galley operations, be favorably viewed by supervisors and peers, and be swift and effective in the execution of assigned duties. Performance will be measured by management evaluation, and peer feedback. High performers will be selected to learn new skills; compensation will reflect a shipmate’s overall contribution to the operation.
Job Specifications / qualifications:
- Previous kitchen experience preferred
- Energetic and enthusiastic personality essential
- Will be closely supervised; must be able to take direction
- Must be able to effectively understand and convey verbal information to coworkers
- Must possess a service orientation – actively looking for ways to help others
- Will work for extended periods without sitting
- The nature of the work may be strenuous and the work environment may be warm
- Required to lift and move heavy items such as cases of provisions and stacks of china
- Will be required to be available for work on all major holidays
- Must meet minimum state age requirements
- Per US Coast Guard regulation, must be a US Citizen or a Permanent Resident
Entertainment Cruises - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard
Entertainment Cruises Mission-
Inspired by a commitment to excellence, we create unforgettable memories.
Entertainment Cruises History...