KIPP Austin Public Schools Central Kitchen
ABOUT KIPP AUSTIN PUBLIC SCHOOLS: KIPP Austin Public Schools is a network of free, public, open enrollment schools for low‐income and historically underserved students in Austin, Texas. Since 2002, KIPP Austin has empowered underserved students to strengthen the academic skills, intellectual habits, and character traits necessary to thrive in, and graduate from, four‐year colleges and universities, giving them the freedom to shape their futures and positively affect their communities. There are currently seven schools in the KIPP Austin network: two elementary schools, four middle schools and one high school. By 2017 we will expand our network to include ten schools serving students from Kindergarten through twelfth grade. When fully enrolled, KIPP Austin will serve over 5,000 students – more than doubling the number of college-ready low-income, minority students in Austin. KIPP Austin Public Schools is part of the national network of charter schools, KIPP, the Knowledge is Power Program (www.kipp.org).
POSITION OVERVIEW: The Dishwasher works as a part of the KIPP Austin Public Schools Kitchen Team to maintain kitchen work areas, equipment, plates, trays, and utensils in a clean sanitary and orderly condition. The dishwasher may sometimes assist in food preparation or service as necessary. This position will abide by the strictest standards of physical and food safety, freshness and sanitation.
• Keep utensils and wares clean, sanitized and properly stored.
• Scrape and pre-rinse dirty dishes and places them in dish washing machine and/or clean by hand.
• Keep department cleaning supplies filled and maintained.
• Can operate dish machine to company and manufacturer specifications.
• Use proper measurements of detergent and sanitizer in dish machine.
• Maintain assigned workstation in a safe and sanitary condition.
• Maintain dry storage, back-stock areas, coolers and freezers.
• Clean and sanitize production equipment, work surfaces and kitchen according to cleaning schedules and procedures.
• Maintain acceptable standards of personal hygiene and complies with department dress code.
• Follow safety regulations; report injuries or any unsafe conditions and work practices to supervisor.
• Maintain cleanliness of floors, mats, drains, walls and shelves of kitchen area.
• Removes trash and garbage to dumpster area.
• Support all efforts to recycle and compost.
• Assist in any area of production or service as needed.
• Fundamental understanding of sanitation and cleanliness
• Requires moderate physical effort. Standing, carrying, bending, stretching, stooping, pulling, pushing, lifting of weights up to 50 lbs.
• Must be able to communicate effectively with brigade.
• Must be self-motivated and able to problem solve effectively.
• Food Handler’s card required.
• Multi-faceted, multi-skilled, resourceful, and willing to do whatever it takes to feed healthy food to our students.
• Possess an entrepreneurial spirit, is proactive and flexible, and is willing and able to play different roles in the kitchen in order to meet the varied and constant needs of the students at KIPP Austin.
• Model positive and healthy character traits and habits, such as being organized, consistent and understanding.
• Unquestioned integrity and commitment to the KIPP Austin mission and KIPP Austin community.
All KIPP Austin staff members will demonstrate the following:
• Unquestioned integrity and commitment to the KIPP Austin mission and KIPP Austin community
• A clear, authentic and transparent sense of your strengths and areas of growth as a professional; an ability to easily adjust tone
• Demonstrate a commitment to continue professional development individually
• Ability to break down complex information into comprehensive parts, ask questions, synthesize and analyze
• Willingness to be flexible and to go above and beyond to meet the needs of KIPP Austin students
• Exposure to temperature variations and wet conditions.
• May walk and work on uneven and slick surfaces.
• Requires reaching above and below shoulder height.
• Some exposure to dust, gas, fumes and chemicals
• Exposure to blood borne pathogens: Level III
• May need to use a ladder or stool to reach product or supplies.
• Occasional repetitive hand motion.
As an equal opportunity employer, we hire without consideration to race, religion, creed, color national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or disability.
- 2 years ago - save job