Regional Manager of Dispatch and Workforce Management
This position leads an effective team to insure the highest level of performance and reliability of the Dispatch department according to established goals and standards; under minimal supervision, communicates and collaborates with system and regional personnel to design, implement and maximize workforce strategy and fulfillment needs. Establishes processes, procedures and directs the utilization of TOA’s ETA direct software. Effectively manages the operation of dispatch and technical workforce through scheduling, forecasting, planning and analysis to assure the highest quality of services are provided to customers and end users. This position does require some travel and ensures the operation and processes are repeatable, supportable, sustainable and financially viable.
• Establishes and maintains standards for customer satisfaction
• Works with management team to use historical data, trend analysis and forecasts to assure staffing levels are adequate.
• Oversees contractor usage and deployment on a day to day basis across the region.
• Manages performance relative to the budget and assist with meeting compliance with Human Resource, state and federal record keeping requirements
• Coordinates with Technical Operations to assure customer demand is met through effective work force scheduling.
• Fosters and maintains a positive, productive Dispatch team environment
• Selects, hires, trains, motivates, and measures performance of the dispatch team members
• Provides business strategy recommendations based on local perspective and market analysis within a rapidly changing environment
• Responsible for special projects, plans, and programs as required.
• Provides development opportunities for direct reports and their teams
• Promotes ongoing technical competence of dispatch personnel by conducting on the job training and serving as a role model
• Coordinates with training department instructional requirements with dynamic technology and new system and product launches
• Provides direction and guidance in the preparation of programs to assure adequate training of personnel
• Fosters a local culture conducive to open communications and a positive work/life balance
• Administers coaching and/or required disciplinary action when required
• Facilitates and/or participates in process improvement and project management
RESPONSIBLE FOR ALL DISPATCHER DUTIES:
• Assures dispatchers meet customer appointment expectations and schedules are met
• Manages quota/work load to efficiently meet customer needs according to available workforce and TOA
• Manages dispatchers in a virtual environment across the entire region in a 24hour 7 day a week operation
• Monitors for outages
• Monitors various network alarms and dispatches technicians accordingly
• Monitor technician work times and report exceptions through TOA:
o Assure route activations occur properly from Technician prior to start of shift
o Monitor start of 1st. job of day to assure Technician starts within required start time Contact Technician on jobs that overrun (e.g. 15 minutes) to assure technician is safe or determine if assistance is needed
o Monitor lunch & break durations and start times, lunch period should begin immediately following previous job
o Assure all jobs have been completed or assigned from pool
o Monitor work order pools to assure jobs are assigned throughout the day, use auto routing tool to assist.
o Confirm and assure all routes are closed when applicable and at the end of the day
• Performs other duties as assigned
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
• Up to 25% travel.
• Ability to perform repetitive motions of the wrist, hands and fingers in order to use a keyboard.
• Vision acuity required for extensive use of PC, calculator and reference materials.
• Ability to effectively communicate by telephone.
• Ability to use a personal computer, calculator, fax and other standard office equipment.
• Ability to sit for extended period of time.
• Ability to work in a climate controlled, air processed environment; and in outside environment with exposure to weather related elements.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required in business or related field; previous experience in a management role over multiple sites; (may consider other related degree and/or equivalent work experience)
• PC proficiency (MS Word, Excel, e-mail), CableMaster/ICOMS skilled/knowledge
• Communications tools experience (two-way radio, pager)
• Demonstrated leadership ability
• Highly developed communication skills
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Strong analytical skills
• Ability to take ownership and initiative to address employee and customer needs
• Consistent record of accomplishing short and long term business objectives
• Preferred: previous experience in cable and/or internet and/or telephone operations management
• Left up to 10 lbs to move objects
• Ability to work in climate-controlled areas
• Exposure to typical office environment
Suddenlink - 6 months ago
Cequel Communications, which operates through subsidiary Suddenlink, provides cable TV, high-speed Internet access, and phone...